Rangefinder - Leica 1200

eyeguard

Hi Guys (and Gals),

I can't remember where I saw it, but it seems like there was a recent post about rangefinders, and a lot of people were raving about the Leica 1200. I'm interested in getting one (a RF), and want to get the best for my money.

So tell me is the Leica 1200 the best recommendation from the majority on this site? Is it the CRF Rangemaster 1200 Rangefinder 7X Scan mode with UPS (yes, I looked it up on the internet) that I should pursue? What measurements (yards or meters)... I'm thinkin' yards.

Any insite, advice, information anyone is willing to provide/share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone!

EG

PS What price range should I expect? The one I found on the net was right around $650. Is that expected or too much?

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Contact Doug at Cameraland and buy a Leica 1200 Scan LRF. He sells them for $429.99 shipped. I've owned both the Leica LRF and CRF and prefer the size/shape of the older LRF. CRF is too small for me to use comfortably.

I now have a Leica and used to have a Bushnell. I like the Leica much better and would sure get it again.

I have a Bushnell Elite 1500. I like it, but it won't range hardly anything over about 500-600 yards. I got it to range a cedar tree at 928 yards once after the sun went down.

From what I've heard, the Leica 1200 is the range finder to have, and I'll be buying one soon. The Swarovski is pretty good too.

What kind of hunting are you planning on doing?

A LRF will work fine for gun hunting but they are a little awkward when bow hunting, the button is in the middle of the unit and it is hard to use with one hand when you are trying to range something and holding your bow with the other hand. I own a CRF 1200 and I love it.

Absolutely worth the extra money VS the other brands

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

I bought one several years ago, the first year they were out. I live mine. First the speed of of the laser is great, it gives you very fast readouts. You can also get continuous redouts, even on moving objects. They optics are also very good. I use mine as a monocular. The only caution is that if you usually don't buy the high end optics, it may convert you to pay the extra money for them. The size, weight and ease of use are also a great feature. It will fit in a shirt pocket. I don't think I could be satisified with anything less.

I have the Small Leica 1200 also, and love it. I bought mine from the outdorsmans in Phoenix for $600.00 "out the door price" last year. I highly recommend it and wouldn't settle for less. It will last a long time. I was out this weekend and was reading futher than the 1200 yards, I got up to 1445 yards with it. (using for coues deer rifle and archery)

Leica has great customer service to, stands behind thier product!!!

I beleive it is the best out there and the egronomic design fits awesome in your hand!!! Just my opinion!

Good Ole Boy

I have the lieca 900crf & i love it. I have ranged out to 999yds with it. I also love the fact it is compact. If i was to buy a new one it would be the 1200crf.

i was using mine in a light rain always kept it in a ziplock baggy,it quit working so i sent to Leica the sent me a note simply saying S.O.L.I will never buy another leica product

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom