Recommendations for Idaho Legal Muzzleloader

kalielkslayer

I own a Cabelas Hawkin and a CVA Acura.

I never got the Hawkin to shoot well but only tried 3 different bullets. The Accura is a tack driver but not legal in Idaho.

At this point I'm thinking of getting the Traditions Vortex (Strikefire) LDR.

Anyone with experience with this rifle? Pros/Cons?

My wife shoots a traditions not the one your looking at but build quality seems good but stock is kinda cheapish.its very accurate for her though.

Since you like your CVA accura have you considered the Acura V2 northwest legal model which says its legal in Idaho.

I've got a Knight Disc Extreme that's legal in ID for sale if you're interested.

.504 Cal
Max-1 Camo Thumbhole stock
Very light use. Nearly new, excellent condition. Bought it for a hunt in ID and used it once.
It's a great gun and I'd be keeping it if I didn't pick up a White.
Breech and bore are immaculate without any signs of corrosion.
Comes set up for "Western" hunting with NECG peep and Hi-viz front sight on a Williams ramp.
Still have original box, fiber optic sights, etc.
Also set up with Weaver rails for scope mounting if desired.
Gun retails for $800
Accessories value $200
It's a steal at $650 (+3% for PP) for all.

I had pics posted on Photobucket which sucks nowadays and the pics are gone. I can e-mail you pics if you're interested though.

Oil,

I like the way you think!

Gonna go that way after reading dozens of reviews. Seems they initially had a problem with misfires but seem to have worked that out.

Thanks

Hunter

If you haven't already look at muzzle-loaders.com great prices no taxes and pretty cheap shipping and they get it to you in 3 days.

I'd go with the Strikerfire. I will be taking a 209 version to NM for the Unit 34 tag I drew this year. The strikerfire has an amazing trigger compared to other muzzleloaders.

I don't know about the percussion cap CVA, but I've posted on here many times that my ACCURA has the best trigger in my gun safe. That might be a stretch since both of my Savage Weather Warriors with the Accura-trigger are hard to beat but the Accura are is right up there.

Pooner, I responded to your PM. I know I don't get e-mail notifications when I have a PM & they often sit unanswered as I don't check on a regular basis. Hoping you'll see this and get it.

>I'm interested in your gun.
>I have a white 45
>cal that is not legal
>for elk in Idaho.
>
>Let me know if its still
>for sale.
>
>thanks!
>
>BP

Still for sale.