Region E

Eric3956

I will getting a tag for Region E. I am looking for help since that area is so large. I will taking my uncle who is 70. I'm not looking for a trophy area, just a place that I can have a decent hunt and see some deer. I have never hunted that unit and looking for some direction. We will be tent/trailer camping.

Thanks for the help

I've spent a lot of years tromping around in region E.
What do you prefer, High Rugged mountains, deep rugged badlands, pine hills or never ending sage?

I prefer everything but the high rugged mountains. I am willing to walk and work for it but the high dark timber for deer hunting was never my favorite. I have always hunted mule deer in the high desert sage of Colorado. I just never hunted this area and was looking for a little advice/direction. Thank you again, Eric

For sure there is a lot of high sage desert in region E. In my experience the sage holds few deer, Get in an area where the sage meets with the foothills or canyons. Like the breaks near the Sweetwater River, Beaver Rim Down to the Creek is good Muley Country, Green Mountain has good deer population. Tons of road hunting wherever a rig can go. Study the maps and find some rougher country that is not accessible for the wheeled traffic and there will be deer, some good ones.

Thanks for the info. I think we will try and focus our effort in unit 92. Seems like that unit has a little of everything.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom