region g bucks

brownie

Just recieved my first region g deer tag. would like to hear from anyone with info about this unit. We plan on camping at the trailhead and hunting for the day from there.Can anyone point us in a direction to start from? Thank you.

Id give a hand w info. Im trying to get info on unit 7 elk if you have any ? Gary

>Just recieved my first region g
>deer tag. would like to
>hear from anyone with info
>about this unit. We plan
>on camping at the trailhead
>and hunting for the day
>from there.Can anyone point us
>in a direction to start
>from? Thank you.

Hello I like to help I have hunted out of Smoot east on LoBarge Cr. I did well there. And good camping spots. Good Luck

Thanks, any info you could give will help. There will be five people in my party, three over fifty an two under thirty five, the young guys will hunt pretty hard, us old guys will do alot of glassing or still hunting the timber. We plan on taking two travel trailers and a tent, the trailers are 18 footers. Will their be enough room, or are the roads good enough for that size rig? Also what about the hunting pressure, do most the hunters hit the high country, or do the stay low. Don't mean to sound like an idiot but this country is all new to me, thanks. Brownie.

Very popular area for residents, over the counter tag for them
so be ready for the pressure. Try getting into the backcountry. Didnt draw G this year but i hope next year i will with 1 point.

Thanks for the info, we'll probably hunt as far in as a bunch of old men can. There will be two young guns in camp, they will try to make us old guys look bad , but we'll be having too much fun to care! Hope you get drawn next year, I will be all tuned up beings I drew a Nevada goat tag. Thanks again, Doug.

I used to hunt out of Smoot but quit several years ago because of pressure and fewer and fewer good bucks every year. After packing in 6 - 8 miles it gets frustrating to still fight crowds. Haven't been there for a few years. It's beautiful country... steep & deep. I would suggest getting off of the beaten path as much as possible. Watch out for bears, had some trouble with them in that country. Good luck!

replying is the only way I see to watch this topic. Pretend you don't see this ;-)

What kind of bears? Not grizzlys I hope. But what about the bucks in region g, I hope there hiding behind every tree. Thanks, Doug.

"Most" of the roads on the west side (afton)are pretty narrow and steep. I would plan on camping either really low or at a forest service campground then driving to the trailhead (with your trailers).

My advice is to wait a week or 10 days into the hunt-the pressure really drops off and you get a chance for the weather to work for you.

I do believe there is a ton of "middle country" that doesn't get hit as hard, but its thick and tough to glass. The high country is just classic spot and stalk due to the terrain. It is also big enough that day hunts without horses (to the high stuff) is nearly impossible.

Good luck to ya

Thanks for the info, We're planning to hunt the later part of the season, chances are we'll be doing most of our hunting in the mid range like you suggested. I really want to thank you, and everyone who's gave us info on our wyoming hunt. Thanks, Doug.

Sorry. It's been a while since I checked this post. I saw several black bears in one week on a deer hunt just east of Afton. I killed a 180" buck, took the head and the backstraps back to camp and hung the deer high in a tree. I came back to get it the next morning with horses and the entire deer was gone. I could see claw marks all the way up the tree where the bear had climbed to put it down. The buck had been dragged off and I never found it. I never had any bears come into camp, just kept bumping into them while chasing bucks. I don't go anywhere up there any more without bear spray.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom