Reloading After Pulling Bullets

crazyelk

I am fairly new to the world of reloading. Recently I had to pull bullets from 20 loads I had worked up. They were a little hot and I decided to do a redo. I used a RCBS Power Pull Bullet Puller (the hammer type). I recovered the powder and bullet to use on future loads. The question I have is regard the primed case. Can I use the primed case immediately after this process or do I have to resize it before adding powder and seating a bullet? I would hope that I would not have to resize because doing so would de-prime the case. If immediate reloading is OK, I am concerned about how tight the bullet fits on case neck. Let me know what you guys think...

I would assume you would be ok. I guess that depends on how much neck tension you had to start with. Are you FL resizing or just neck sizing? You could always remove the decapping pin and size again if you were worried about it.

>I would assume you would be
>ok. I guess that depends
>on how much neck tension
>you had to start with.
>Are you FL resizing or
>just neck sizing? You could
>always remove the decapping pin
>and size again if you
>were worried about it.

+1... 20 rounds with a hammer type puller...thats a lot of whackin' eh?...lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-10 AT 12:57PM (MST)[p]

resize them...either remove the pin from the die, or just punch them out live..I've "heard" of them going off, but i dunno how many 100's of live primers i've punched.never had one go off..even if it did, bfd it will be inside the die when it goes off anyway.

I bet you can damn near seat the bullet with your hand after pulling with an inertia hammer..I wouldn't just re-seat.

I've pulled bullets and reloaded them with out resizing. I just always check to make sure the bullet will not move with my fingers. It didn't seem to affect accuracy.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-10 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]I've done it as well, works sometimes, other times have regretted it...20 rounds would take what, 3 minutes to run thru the size die?

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-10
>AT 02:28?PM (MST)

>
>I've done it as well, works
>sometimes, other times have regretted
>it...20 rounds would take what,
>3 minutes to run thru
>the size die?

Yeah...but sometimes it's a ##### to set that seating die up perfect again....Thats why I love my Forster Micrometer dies :)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom