Reloading kit

dmick33

I am looking at getting into reloading and am looking at a couple kits and would like some input. I am looking at the Rcbs master supreme and explorer plus kits. The explorer might have a couple more things but the main difference it seams is that it has a digital scale over a beam scale. Any thoughts?

I really like RCBS and from what I have heard the kit is a good way to go. I have mine set up from getting different peices one at a time for what has worked best for my situation.

I actually have a RCBS kit for sale. I think its a master set though that had been sitting in my soon to be father in laws garage for years. Ill check on the box and find out what kit it is.

When it comes to weighing powder charges to check what my powder measure is throwing, I do not trust a digital scale that much. I use one to weight my cast lead bullets to determine what weight my mold is throwing with a paticular lead alloy.

One problem about a digital scale is that if you have florescent lighting near your digital scale, it can at times throw the scale off on it measurement. I prefer my RCBS beam scale to check powder charges.

For a beginning reloader, I do recommend the RCBS kit as being a great one to start with. You will still have it 30 years from now and pass it on to your kid as they do not wear out. My RCBS kit is over 35 years old and still going strong and still reloading very accurate rifle ammo.
I use a Dillon 550 progressive for my pistol reloading.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom