Remington Genisis

infinitecircles

Does anyone have any experience with this muzzle loader? Looking at buying the stainless/black for my son. Any info appreciated.

Also, does Cabelas satisfaction guarantee apply to fire arms?

Thanks.

Personally I would look at the Knight Rolling Block instead. It is American made vs the Spanish Remington and the action is a lot more sensible. The Genesis has a "funky" type of action in MHO. I have several muzzleloaders and if I were to buy another at this time it would be the Knight RB.

I'd steer clear of the Genisis. The price got "cheap" in a hurry.
I think T/C is making the best frontloaders on the market.
Get him an Omega or Triumph.
Good luck with your decision!!

"Good mass & long browtines"

Trash... I'm embarassed Remington even put their name on it (they do NOT make it btw, they only import it). The 700ML was a terrific rifle. There is one up for sale in the F&G forums for $200 which I'd recommend over anything else.

T/C Encore would be nice but I'm not sure its legal in utah due to it not having an "exposed ignition".

-DallanC

>
>T/C Encore would be nice but
>I'm not sure its legal
>in utah due to it
>not having an "exposed ignition".
>
>
>
Unless something has changed I do not think a closed breech is illegal in Utah.
I still would go with the Knight RB over either if the T/C rifles due to the questionable ability of T/C rifles to shoot conical bullets. My Omega does not like anything other than a Powerbelt and they are not my first choice on animals.

From experience: I bought one and have had zero problems with it. Like Remington states, out of the box accuracy. I have since put a peep site on it. Still using my tru-glow fronts, but will most likely change to a globe.

Anyhow - I wanted to speak out because I too was trying to get info on these, by asking if anyone had any EXPERIENCE with them, and all I got was bias opinions from people who have not shot them, but were discussed by the idea that Remington would put their name on an imported barrel, etc... or were just too in love with the brand they own themselves. Just like Ford owners against Chevy owners, and vis-versa :)

Do not get me wrong - those are validated opinions, and I have some of my own.

But from expereince, this is a great gun, expecially for the price that I got mine at. Not sure what they cost now.

Downside - aftermarket stuff like the peep are not marketed for the gun yet so when you buy a peep, the guns listed on the back of the box that tell you what it will fit, do not show the Genesis. Go to the gun counter with a Gensis, and try them out till you find out the one that fits. I think it was the Rem. 700.

Jason

I love mine, I put a high rise scope mount on it so that you could access the breech without it hitting your scope...I can use my open sight and scope....shoots great...

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-08 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]I know that this is an old thread. I also know that there are some people who hate this gun, but... I enjoy mine.

It was cheap, it's accurate, it's been dependable and it's easy to use and clean.
Also, right now Cabela's has it on sale for $134.99 plus there is a $35 MIR.
$100 bucks for a decent inline isn't too bad in my opinion.
[a href="http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21404-cat21420-cat370001_TGP&id=0040407216196a&navCount=2&podId=0040407&parentId=cat370001&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=8IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat370001&hasJS=true" target="_blank"]El Cheapo Linko[/a]

Got one on Sat and I'll give you a full report.
Cabelas 134.99 and 20.00 off coupon
Mounts and shooting stixs came out just over $150 and will be here on friday. If you want one call down to local store or any store and they will ship it to you. O and make sure they give you the right price of 134.99 . They will match the catlog pricing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom