Remington ML conversion to 209 primers

CNEDEER

I am wanting to convert my ML700 to shoot 209 primers. Does that consist of simply a nipple swap, or do I gotta do something else? ie a bolt exchange. Thanks in advance, Taylor

CNEDEER, I purchased a conversion kit years ago and it consisted of a complete bolt changeover. Not hard to do as I remember and I like the 209 primers better than the old number 11 caps that I had to use way back when. This will make your Remington ML a better rifle.

The only bad thing I noticed when I put mine together, with the conversion kit, is that there is allot of blowback into your face when you shoot via the 209 primer. Other than that its great!

Mickeyelk, my rifle is older now but I have never had any blow back from it. I did purchase the conversion kit directly from Remington Arms Company with a new bolt plus the breech plug came new with the kit....the best I can remember. I have never witnessed anything hitting me in the face when I shoot my converted Remington model 700ML rifle. I have shot it a lot over the years too. Maybe I the lucky one?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom