Retirement Gift

bigbull1

Very Active Member
This week I ended my 30 1/2 year career with the State of Nevada in the law enforcement sector. While not ready to "hang it up yet", I have accepted employment part time with a private firm that works under the authority of the US Marshall's Office.

My wife wanted to do a big retirement party, but it really isn't me. Long story short, she bought me a coues archery hunt in January with Ward's Outfitting in Southern Arizona instead of the party.

I am a lucky guy....

Ed
www.huntpacks.com

Wow, I am not even one with school yet... but with a gift like that i am already excited to retire if there is a chance that i will get something like that. Congrats

"The road to success is always under construction"

Congratulations on your retirement, and thank you for your service. Good luck on your hunt!

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Very cool! You must have liked your job to have gone 30 1/2 years at it! I can't imagine the stories you have, and the ones you've forgotten. Thanks for the work you did, enjoy your semi retired life!

Enjoy that retirement, you earned it, and have a great hunt. Sounds like you have a "great cops wife" like I have.

RELH

COngratulations on your retirement. Seven more years for me. Good luck with the hunt, and may you enjoy many more!!!

NICE JOB ED,...& CONGRATS ON A GREAT RUN. I GOT 30 YEARS IN ALSO IN THE FIRE SERVICE.......HOPE YOU LOVE RETIREMENT LIKE I DO..................GOOD LUCK.....YD.

Congrats, I hope you have a great hunt, post some pics when you get back!

You are a lucky guy. I hope my wife gives me something like that for my retirement when the time comes. Congrats on a job well done.

Congratulations on the retirement and hunt. Best retirement gift I've ever heard of.

Good deal Ed!!! I'm 3 years from being in your shoes...got over 22 years with the Fire Service and I'm looking forward to retirement...you're a lucky man to have such a wife,...sweet deal I say.

Congrats to you Ed and well deserved. I think I was retired a few years when we first met and you told me then you were looking forward to the retirement time down the road a bit. Have a good one and see you one of these days soon I hope.

Brian

Congrats on your 30 years of service. Also congrats to your wife for a great retirement gift.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Congrats 30 years is a long time in this job, I have a little over 12 years in LE and at least 18-20 more to go. Have fun on your hunt sounds like it can be a challeging hunt with a bow.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-09 AT 11:26AM (MST)[p]Thanks everyone....
I got lucky with a good career and great wife. Looking forward to the next chapter with family and maybe our first grandchild in the new year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ed

Ed
Just have as much fun as you can handle. good luck in the golden years.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom