reward for dog killer

S

Smiley

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-13 AT 10:48AM (MST)[p]REWARD FOR INFORMATION ABOUT KILLED DOG IN IDAHO-
Alright, I know money talks so I'll go all in. $2000 for information leading to the ARREST AND CONVICTION of the person responsible. Someone shot this dog, it was intentional, it wasn't an accident, someone knows who did it and I want them held accountable. The dog was valuable to me and my family. If money will motivate someone, I'll play the game. $2000, I'll write the check.
I had a hound shot and killed this morning by an archery hunter while I was legally hunting. He was shot from behind in the guts and left dead. It was in the West Camas Creek area off of the end of road 481 to the north west. I am offering a cash reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. Here are the details:
Date: 9/22/2013
Time: 9:00AM to 10:00AM
Location: Clark County Idaho, Forest Road 481, West Camas Creek
He was shot by a three blade broadhead.
The dog was a black and brindle plott hound.
Reward: $2000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who shot him.
Please call (208)313-8699 or the Clark County Idaho Sheriff's Office with any information.

2 other parties have offered a 1500$ and 1000$ reward respectively for a total of 4500$

That's what happens when you get a-holes with bows/guns.
This jerk should be PUNISHED. Probably not the first bad thing he's done with a bow!
Sorry it happened to you.
Zeke

If I knew anything that would help I'd give it. Forget the reward. The reward would be in getting the prick that did it hammered.

That sucks!
My friend had a few of her Pyrenees shot in Oregon by so called hunters!The bad part is they were with the band of sheep when killedThose dirt bags were caught and prosecuted.
Hope you find the shooter!

Smiley, that's terrible. I hope they catch 'em.

Makaira, I consider myself a very ethical Hunter and I have thought about shooting one of those damn Pyrenees before myself. I have been chased, harassed and bitten by more than one of them. I wouldn't hesitate to do so in self defense!

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Another UN-Ethical Stick Flipper!

Hope You Hang Him High!

Best Watch Out!
My Arm is starting to Hurt!
I'm about to Itch it!

Yeah I'm not around hunting dogs much, but have never met a hound that misbehaved with people. The Pyrenees, on the other hand are an aggressive lot. A couple of times I've made the choice to back down in lieu of killing one of the beasts. They kill and eat a lot of deer as well.

>I'll shoot a dog any day
>if it's chasing deer or
>elk. Not saying this was
>the case here, but maybe?
>

Really? A dog chasing a deer or elk is a capital offence?

I'm betting that guy who shot the dog thought he was doing the deer and elk a favor , No reason to shoot a dog that isn't in hot pursue of a deer or elk. I do believe he should be held accountable for his actions.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

First, I have trash broke many hounds and have yet to see one catch a big game animal. It's in their blood to hunt, most have to be taught what not to pursue.

Second, if that hound was chasing game, that person with the bow and arrow would have to be the best shot on earth to hit the dog.

What a pointless way to lose a dog...

I will give you an example of something that happened to me and on more than one occasion . I was following my dogs while they were cold trailing a bear and they trailed on the edge of this meadow when up pops this elk and my dogs just keep plugging along this elk goes and chases down my dogs and starts doing the mud hole dance on them my dogs then commence to chase and harass the elk I was there to put a stop to it and continue and tree the bear . seen this happen when dogs trailed through cattle also cattle dont like the dogs being their and then take after them watched one of my dogs get mowed over while trailing . I guess I should have killed those elk and cattle huh . A dog running free is a whole other story hounds men wont stand for their dogs chasing off game but there are times it happens nothing like many would believe .the measures taken by most hounds-men to prevent this behavior is huge and I do not know any who would allow a dog to commit this crime more than a couple times if it occurred .We have thousands of dollars in these dogs and on them .
Something else that happens is people see or hear hounds and see animals running and and the automatic assumption is that the hounds are chasing the deer elk moose or whatever. I dont know how many times I have seen my hounds and others go through a herd of elk or by a moose and through a field full of deer and the deer just watch the dogs go by it happens all the time .

I agree with what everyone is saying. As I stated earlier, not sure if the dog was killed because it was chasing big game or not. Smiley summed it up well. But yes, I have and will shoot dogs that are running 'at-large' chasing domestic livestock or wild big game.

>Smiley, that's terrible. I hope they
>catch 'em.
>
>Makaira, I consider myself a very
>ethical Hunter and I have
>thought about shooting one of
>those damn Pyrenees before myself.
>I have been chased, harassed
>and bitten by more than
>one of them. I wouldn't
>hesitate to do so in
>self defense!
>
>
>"The problem with quotes on Internet
>Forums is that it is
>often difficult to verify their
>authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

leave the sheep alone and the dogs probably won't chase you!

sorry to hear about the hound, hopefully they catch the person and make an example out of them!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-13 AT 02:29PM (MST)[p]
That sucks to hear. We were hunting in WY this year and over night had sheep herders move into the canyon we were in. The next morning the only deer we saw were 2 does that ran passed us at 20 yds being chased by 3 pyronese dogs. Not sure about the spelling.

I will add the dogs were friendly towards us.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-13 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]I never go hunting anymore without my milking boots and my velcro gloves and those dang dogs ruin it every time!

That was one of the funniest responses I have ever seen. I walked right into that one, didn't I?

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Haha!

Awesome!

Sorry about the dog.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

>>I'll shoot a dog any day
>>if it's chasing deer or
>>elk. Not saying this was
>>the case here, but maybe?
>>
>
>
>Really? A dog chasing a
>deer or elk is a
>capital offence?

You bet it is.. go read the fish and game regs. They will kill dogs for that #####. If this hound was barking at this guy, raising hell, chasing Wildlife then this is no sob story and frankly non of us know what really happened now do we.

Hell no you dont, if hounds and baiting are legal in the same area then its pobly going to happen if your at it long enough..Deal with it like a grown up and not your knee jerk reaction.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-13 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]>Do I have the right to
>shoot a hound if I
>am Archery Bear Hunting over
>bait and they come in
>and chase a bear off
>my bait?

Do I have the right to shoot your 4 wheeler if I am bear hunting over bait and you ride up on your 4 wheeler and chase a bear off my bait?

Hope you find the criminals who did this.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-13 AT 09:41PM (MST)[p]I know of a big ol molly mule that kicked a bull moose in the face one time...Doh! Prolly shoulda shot 'er eh?

sheesh

>Do I have the right to
>shoot a hound if I
>am Archery Bear Hunting over
>bait and they come in
>and chase a bear off
>my bait?

Do I have the right to see you prosecuted criminally and be financially compensated civilly for you shooting my dog in the above scenario?? You're damn right I do!

I'd of liked to seen/know the Truthful Events!

Hounds will break their own Rules when there ain't a Bear or Cat to chase on rare occasion!

HELL SAKES!

They wanna chase Game too!:D

I sure would like to see the STICK FLIPPER that could hit that Hound on a HOT Deer Pursuit!:D

All my Life I've wanted a Pack of Hounds that would Catch & Hold at Bay 30" Bucks!:D:D:D

But the few Hounders that Own such a Pack just won't part with them!:D

It's called 'Runnin Trash'!

Seen it first Hand many a times!

Never seen a Deer Hurt/Killed when it does happen!

And surely Ain't sayin it's right!

But it Happens!

Best Watch Out!
I'm about to Itch it!

What if the Houndsman is purposely running his dogs off my bait in an area that is illegal to do that. Then can you shoot them?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-13 AT 03:12PM (MST)[p]If someone on a horse is breaking the law and ruins your hunt do you have the right to shoot his horse?

txhunter58

>What if the Houndsman is purposely
>running his dogs off my
>bait in an area that
>is illegal to do that.
> Then can you shoot
>them?

Be an Ethical Hunter & Supply more Bait!:D

Best Watch Out!
I'm about to Itch it!

>What if the Houndsman is purposely
>running his dogs off my
>bait in an area that
>is illegal to do that.
> Then can you shoot
>them?

What if a bow hunter purposely shot my dog. Would it be illegal for me to drag him from his tree stand, kick the ##### out of him, break his bow, and trash his truck??

>What should you do if the
>horse is chasing your sheep?
>

A stud horse? Whay should you have all the fun with the sheep?

txhunter58

I Feel for the Stick Flipper that starts Screwin with a Hounder!

Best Watch Out!
I'm about to Itch it!

I would never hurt a Houndsmans Dog. I was just joking around I really like dogs and love to watch them work.

But for all the effort I put in baiting last year and giving these guys a starting point at least they could have offered to tree one for me. What ever happened to I scratch your back you scratch mine.

I hope they catch the guy that shot Smileys Dog.

In Idaho:

"Any dog found running at large and actively tracking, pursuing,
harassing, attacking or killing any big game animal, except
black bear and mountain lion, may be destroyed without
criminal or civil liability by the director of Fish and Game,
any peace officer, or other persons authorized to enforce Idaho
wildlife laws."

This does not apply to anyone not authorized by Fish and Game, though many assume incorrectly that it applies to anyone. Not sure about Utah, but I'd guess average Joe has no legal right to do anything to a dog chasing a deer, elk, bear, or otherwise.

As a dog owner, I hate to hear the rediculous talk about killing them just because they might chase a deer or elk,etc.

Wonder where dreaminbouthuntin gets his great info. Or lack of it I guess. People are amazing sometimes. mtmuley

I know that many here believe that Utah is the center of the world and nothing else matters but where i hunt here in Northern Cali, using a dog to hunt deer is not only legal, it is one of the most effective ways to hunt them in the impenetrable brush that choke out some of this country.

It's in the regs. One dog per hunter. My Brittney would only bark when on bucks and i believe that he would try to chase them back to me. He was well trained, stayed within 100 yards or so, and was killer on finding blood and following up the trail. Many a buck was found by my dog, he really was my pride and joy as well as a great hunting pard.

If someone had shot my dog while we were hunting, I would be seriously concerned with just how much jail time i'd get for manslaughter, murder, or whatever the charge was going to be!! It would be like someone shooting my kid.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom