Richfield, UT... a place to raise a family?

PhillyB

Hey guys-
As you can see, I dont post much. More of a lurker and reader than a poster. Either way, I value the opinions and thoughts of many on this board.

I have recently interviewed for a job in Richfield and if given the opportunity, plan to accept it.
I currently live in Las Vegas and my family and inner sportsman have outgrown the city limits an the lights of Vegas. I am ready to slow things down a bit, lower the stress levels, and enjoy my family.

I know it is a outdoorsman's paradise. As appealing as that is to me, I still need to make sure this is a good move for my family, so I am covering all bases by asking anyone and everyone.

I have been through Richfield a time or two, but I am not too familiar with the town or the surrounding area. So I have a few questions for those that live, have lived or are familiar with the area.

1. If working in Richfield, do most people live in town or in other smaller towns within reasonable distance? If I end up with the job, it will be right in the heart of Richfield. Where should we look for housing, property, etc?

2. Where should we live vs. not live? We will have to rent for a few months before we can buy, but where should we be looking?

3. How is the school system? I have a young family and my oldest starts kindergarten in the fall.

4. What should I know about Richfield? The surrounding areas?

5. Does this area get pounded with snow in the winter?

My wife and I went to school in Cedar City at SUU and loved it. The chance to move into a smaller community and stay in my line of work has always been a dream of ours. That is why this is such a great opportunity.

I was hoping for some real insight about the area from a group sportsman that share similar views as me.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

by the looks of utard mm'rs posts......you might consider a grammar and spelling tutor

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Great place. You will love it. If you like the outdoors. Hunting Fishing Camping of all sorts in all directions.
Hope you get your job!

Rutnbuck

PB,
I'm not familiar with Richfield, however, if you are living in Vegas, anywhere other than southern Kali (southern Kalifornification starts in Doyle, about 40 mi. north of Reno) is a better place to raise your youngsters.
Good luck, and get the heck out of that craphole vegas.

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

Good people in the Richfield area. It's close to just about anything you want to do in the outdoors. I've litterally never had a bad experience in the Sevier Valley area. I would highly recommend it.

It's always an adventure!!!

Beefy lives on the out skirts of town I do believe!

Maybe I'm wrong but the place doesn't looks like it grows much!

Which in my eyes is a good thing!

The KALI boys can't stand it when a TARD mis-spells a word!

Ya,Our GRAMMAR Ain't the Best!

Vegas wasn't bad!

In one week you can't even Imagine how much trouble I got in!

Just a reminder!

When riding the Shuttle Bus out to the NASCAR Track make sure you leave your 3-5-7 at the Motel Room,there's an Onery little Bastard when you cross the Military Base that doesn't like you Packin Heat!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Anywhere close to Richfield will be a better drive then you best day in Vegas driving. I think you will love the area.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks for all the info so far.

I was born and raised in Henderson minus a few years for school. The town has really gone south the last few years. I honestly believe we are turning into little LA and some of the 'Kali' folks come here and think this state should operate like Kali.

It is sad to say goodbye being a 4th generation Las Vegan/ Hendersonite but I have had enough and ready for a better quality of life. It is funny you mentioned the commute, just this morning it rained and traffic was horrible. Wrecks everywhere, freeways shut down, and my 30 minute commute turned into 60 minutes. Any time it rains the stupid comes out in people and effects everyone.

It is a great place to be I would say, the schools are public, gonna be about the same as anywhere. Less gang bangers so that is a positive. Its a small town so after a bit you will know I pretty much everybody which is good and bad...

I grew up in a small town, tried the city lights and hated it! As soon add I had kids it was back to small town life and the only thing I regret is waiting so long to do it... I only made it 5 months in the city.....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Richfield is a small but growing community. It has all the amenities of a large city without the congestion and clutter. The lifestyle is easy and unassuming with the great outdoors nearby. Just a perfect setting for a young family. Good luck.

Eldorado

I spent my first 8 yrs of life just south of there in a little town called Marysville. I spent every minute outside with my BB gun and/or a fishing pole. Lots of memories, hunting fishing and riding on dads motorcycle watching for deer. There are roads everywhere to explore. Every Sunday we would take a trip up the mtn to explore new areas. Lots or coyotes, deer, and rattle snakes. Never do remember seeing elk back then, but that has changed in recent years. If that is the kind of life you enjoy then you will probably like it.

I spent most every summer on grampas farm in Annabella (just outside Richfield.)
Best times of my life! I'd kill to live down there but I can't convince the wife. You'd be right in the middle of the best outdoor living in the state. Great fishing and awesome hunting. Do it and never look back! Congrats!

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]Good hell - I'd almost rather live in Altamont than Vegas! But in all seriousness, I think you'd really enjoy living in that area. My best friend and his family live there and love it. He works for Barney Trucking.

Great news... They offered me the job at a fair salary with some great incentives and benefits.

I am headed to Richfield to have a real look around and see about finding a spot to rent for a while. I have to let them know by Monday what my decision is.

I am scouting all day Saturday and Sunday. This will give me some time in the mountains to think clearly and make the best decision. I appreciate all the comments and will check back after this weekend.

Thanks

I wish I could live there. It is a great place. My dad is from Annabelle, just outside if Richfield. YOU WILL LOVE IT. Lot sof nice people down there. All of my relatives live in that valley from Monroe, Annabella, Richfield and so on. Congrats.

It is a GREAT place.

I have lived here in Richfield pretty much all my life! There are lots of outdoor things that you will LOVE! The schools are good and the people are better! There are quite a few here in MM that live here in Richfield.

As it so happens, my house is now up for sale here in town. I need to be closer to an airport so we are moving to SLC area. If you are in the market for a nice house, let me know. I am walking distance to the schools and a great neighborhood.

If you have any questions, just send me a message. I will answer anything you want about this valley. It has been a great 38 years here....

>It is a GREAT place.
>
>I have lived here in Richfield
>pretty much all my life!
>There are lots of outdoor
>things that you will LOVE!
>The schools are good and
>the people are better! There
>are quite a few here
>in MM that live here
>in Richfield.
>
>As it so happens, my house
>is now up for sale
>here in town. I need
>to be closer to an
>airport so we are moving
>to SLC area. If you
>are in the market for
>a nice house, let me
>know. I am walking distance
>to the schools and a
>great neighborhood.
>
>If you have any questions, just
>send me a message. I
>will answer anything you want
>about this valley. It has
>been a great 38 years
>here....

PM sent

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12
>AT 05:49?PM (MST)

>
>Good hell - I'd almost rather
>live in Altamont than Vegas!

WTF?:D

>But in all seriousness, I
>think you'd really enjoy living
>in that area. My best
>friend and his family live
>there and love it. He
>works for Barney Trucking.

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

My first choice would be Durango, but Richfield would be my second choice if I had to move my family.

Eldorado

>>LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12
>>AT 05:49?PM (MST)

>>
>>Good hell - I'd almost rather
>>live in Altamont than Vegas!
>
>WTF?:D
>
>>But in all seriousness, I
>>think you'd really enjoy living
>>in that area. My best
>>friend and his family live
>>there and love it. He
>>works for Barney Trucking.
>
>
>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>
>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>TO ME!
>
>
>I've got Wild Honey Tree's and
>Crazy Little Weeds growin around
>my Shack!
>These Dusty Roads ain't streets of
>gold but I'm happy right
>where I'm at!
>All these Perty little Western Belles
>are a Country Boys Dream!
>
>They ain't got Wings or MM
>Halo's but they sure look
>good to me!
>

:)

If anyone knows of someone renting a house in the area, that would be great.

We are headed up this week to try and get something in place.

I live 6 miles east of Richfield, in Glenwood. Been here 37 years. Call me tomorrow, at 435-979-5521 if you'd like, and I'll share some local information. I'll see what might be available for rent and let you know.

There are a few locations in the valley that you might enjoy, over others, depending on your outdoor/family interests. Even though we all live here in Sevier Valley together, each community seems to have a unique personality. All good, depending on what your needs and interests are.

DC

I truly appreciate all the help from everyone. Especially those taking the time to give me a number to call.

I will get in touch with everyone after I get back from my NV bowhunt. I am headed out this morning.

Thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom