Right Arrow For Me

HuntinFool

Alright, I'm looking for an aroow at about 29 inches long will weigh about 315-325 and then when I add a 100 grain head about 415-425 grains. I want some of the toughest arrows available. My draw weight is 70 lbs. I tried some Eason FMJ with the brass inserts, but they ended up being a little too heavy for my liking (545 grains). So I am looking forward to any input that you guys have and thanks in advance.

Can you give some more details? Like what bow do you shoot and draw length?

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."
BF

At that length the Easton acc 3/49 will weigh in around 290 grains 3/60 should be 330 gr. fletched with insert. They are target worthy arrows but beware they will be more susceptible to dings or a memory than all carbon due to their aluminum core. Check the Easton site for the right shaft for your draw weight and bow cam.

I have used the 3/49's for 10 years and can't get myself to try anything else.

Look at the gold tip Kenetic arrows. They should put you right in that area as well. They are a nice thick walled heavy carbon.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

They were 300 spine, a little longer, and the ones I bought from a guy off AT had brass inserts.
Thanks for all the replies so far.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-11 AT 01:59PM (MST)[p]I put together a Gold Tip Kinetic 300 at 28.5" and 125 gr tips and it came in at just below 470 gr. So you'd be in the 450-455ish gr area which is a perfect arrow weight IMO.

The same set up with a GT 7595 weighs 428gr, for comparison. So you'd be just a hair over 400, for comparison.

I sure wish GT would make a .300 spine 7595!

BigPig has your arrow

"Gold tip 7595" or "Gold tip Kinetic 300's" Cant go wrong with either of them.

i shoot a carbon express maxima 3d select 350. im a 30 inch draw and with a 100 grain tip and blazer vanes they weigh in at 406 grains.

Gold Tip 7595 at 29" should put you right about where you want to be and they are tough as hell. I shoot Pro Hunters but I'm sure the XT's and Expeditions are just as tough.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom