rip cord rest

R

richw

I have a new rip cord rest and it has not droped away three differnt times on me in the last mounth sence ive got it? It dosent happen all the time but when it has it make it fly off spot as you all would know. I have shortend the string to the serving and it still happened. The last time it was on my sixth shot and didnt happen agin out of fiffty shots. Any help will be great thanks in advance

Rich

Ripcord has fantastic customer service. That should not be happening. Call them and they will make it right.

I PERSONALLY KNOW KEITH(OWNER OF RIPCORD) AND HE STANDS BEHIND HIS PRODUCT. MY QUESTION IS, WHO INSTALLED THE REST? IF INSTALLED CORRECTLY THEY WONT STAY IN THE UP POSSITION. LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO HELP.

I had a ripcord for a while on my bow, until the rest stopped dropping. Moving the rest up and down by hand I could tell something wasn't right. I took it apart and found the internal spring that cocks the rest had rusted up. I only had it for a few months. I took it off and went back to the trophy taker.

I have the orginal rip cord and it has outlasted 3 bows and two sights i change everthing else but still the original ripcord. i belive i bought the rest in 05 or 06 i change the string everytime i change bowstrings. the spring is rusted but still works fine. i originaly tried to use it like a trophy taker and allow it to pick up the arrow but two wild shots later i gave that up the arrow came up between the rest and riser. i would say i would have proply 50000 arrows through it. i did hace to change the forks two years ago but my daughter steped on it when i was getting everthing ready for a shoot. iw ent to sportsmans and they gave me new forks off one trhey had in the package and sent me on my way. the best most reliable rest i have ever shot!

moseley middleton

Thanks guys i talked to the rep today and he told me what bow i was shoting before i told him. He said you have a hoyt and he was correct i have a new carbon express and he said that the double cam has something to do with the adjustment post on it that some times it wont set the dropaway portion into action. So im going back to my proshop to have them do some adjustment to have it fall away every time I just dont want to happen when im on my guided elk hunt this year

Thanks Rich

Keith from Ripcord is the man. When I first got my rest 3 years ago, it sometimes wouldn't drop. I talked to Keith and he personally set it up because the pro shop had done it wrong. I have never had even the slightest problem since. I would get a new one but this thing just won't wear out.

I talked to Keath agin today and i went to my proshop had them check it out and do the changes he made and its all up and running corectly just as he said it would ill neaver buy any other type from now on

Thanks Guys Rich

richw,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem that you described with the same bow. I sent you a PM.

Ive had all three models, never had a single problem with any of them, best rest Ive ever shot, bullet proof, reliable, and yes there cs is outstanding!!!.....

I had a ripcord rest and it did not drop away on my Dutton hunt. Needless to say it did not go well. Will never get another one, I shot it a ton before the hunt without any problems. But on the one shot that counted it did not work.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom