Rivers West Pants

Rob

last week at the ISE in Sacramento I was able to check out the Rivers West gear for the first time. At first glance I was impressed. It seems to be quiet, tough, and waterproof. But after reading some older online reviews it seems that a lot of people claim that you sweat like a pig in them. Which I can see that being the case. The pants that I looked at had ventilation zips in the inner thigh area and from talking to the rep it seamed that maybe this was a new feature to the pants. Not really sure. So for you guys who have recently used these pants does this vent zipper help with the sweating? I'm still looking for the perfect pants. Your thoughts...

Not from Rivers West pants, but leg vent zippers and pit zips in coats help a ton. Still won't get me to buy any more Rivers West for active hunting. Take some real think plastic and wrap your legs in it and go for a hike, then take your knife and slit the side and do the same hike, this should get you what it will be like with RW. If you are not moving much I like the stuff if moving not a chance.

Thanks Bogey,

So what do you use for active hunting? I'm looking for quiet pants that can breathe, and won't soak me when walking through wet grass or brush. specifically for september archery. they don't have to be super water tight, i don't mind carrying some lightweight rain gear to throw over them.

forgot to also add that most of the reviews of the Rivers West stuff seemed to be of their H2P fabric and LAW fabric. So do you get the same poor results from their lighter weight APF fabric?

I do have the older stuff and I have heard it is a lot better. My stuff dries extremely slow and I actually hardly ever use it anymore. Usually Mto50 gortex and rubber boots is what I use. Every thing has trade offs and I don't think there is a perfect thing out there for all our needs. I realize thats not a lot of help. But always get pit zips and leg zips when ever you can for cloths that you are going to be moving in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom