RMEF New Mexico State wide elk tag

E

elkshinj2

The RMEF New Mexico State wide elk tag drawing took place this morning at 10:00am. I was lucky and fortunate enough to have been drawn for this tag... I am still in a state of awe and still hard to believe. Now is time to decide to use the tag and hunt or auction it to a highest Bidder. Over recent years it has sold for $40,000 to over $90,000. The opportunity and reward of this tag are endless.. I am torn between hunting or selling. What to do, what to do? LOL

I would sell it at auction 100%. There's always a chance to draw a gila elk tag or any other desirable unit. However, the opportunity to make 40,000-90,000 in one whack is a once in a lifetime thing.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-14 AT 06:23AM (MST)[p]>No brainer, sell that tag and
>go pick up a landowner
>tag with a portion of
>the profit.

Ditto. Hell.you could get a guided hunt in great unit for a small piece of that pie.....

A chance to earn at least a year's income, if not doubled for some? I would sell it, put some away for kids college, take my wife on a vacation, buy a LO tag and save the rest. No brainer for me.

Congrats!

I'll echo the same sentiments as others - pickup another tag for a fraction of the cost and enjoy the rest of the cash!

I would keep it and shoot the first spike I saw!

LOL!! No brainer...SELL IT!!!! I like the Africa idea a lot!

TRC

I'd sell it and buy land in an elk unit that would net you a LO tag every year....by the way, CONGRATS!!!!

JBone

>I know where a cow is
>with a collar for a
>finders fee.

Well cows are a little better eating... Lol... And like most hunters, I have had my fair share of track soup.. By the way, thanks for the offer... LOL

>>I know where a cow is
>>with a collar for a
>>finders fee.
>
>
>Well cows are a little better
>eating... Lol... And like
>most hunters, I have
>had my fair share of
>track soup.. By the way,
>thanks for the offer... LOL
>

:)

I agree with the rest of posts... sell it !! There has been talk of changing the rule of being able to transfer those tags. This might be the last year that you can. And 40 to 90 K is to hard to come by.
Jack

Don't count on getting that much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
At auction from a non profit the winning bidder can write it off, provided they make a but load of money in the first place and need a good tax write off.
Your not a non profit organization, are you?
You will make some $$$ but not 40-#90,000.
Thats my opion, any who...
But i'd sell it for 10- 15.000, and buy a land owner tag for the next 3 years...

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-14 AT 02:49PM (MST)[p]I wish I had yor problems! Sell it and go get yourself an ibex from Mongolia or Spain.

i think in the past few years the sole elk tag has gone for less than 50k multiple times and thats with a 40% write off so the true cash value of the tag for the buyer is 30k at a 50k price. it's been as low as 25k with write off value of 15k. you really interested in selling the tag? pm me.

Thank you all that have shown interest in the tag. it has been sold. Hope everyone has a great hunting season.

shoot u sound like youve been about as lucky this year with tags as i have been with my horses at the track. i sure hope whoever bot that tag from u doesnt get on here. most people dont get along well with the guys that hire millions of guides and then just act as the trigger man. it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Any chance we will get to know what it sold for?

I really liked the idea of selling it and finding land that would result in a yearly bull tag.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom