"ROBIN HOOD"

jeremydhinds

Wheres Myth Busters when you need them! This is the second time this has happened to me in the two years I've been shooting....is this common out there among archery shooters? I was shooting at 20 yrds.
467945cc3724798a.jpg

It is with Gold Tips, they seem to be drawn to each other, or else they just fly straight!

I try and avoid shooting at the same spot on the target when I am that close. Saves on arrow damage. I only 'risk' busting my arrows when shooting leagues or tournys. Nice shot!

PRO

yeah it will happen to everyone sooner or later. I did two of them in two weeks. I then changed to a five spot target to save on arrows.

Yeh, I have been shooting for about 2 years now and had it happen 4 times the first year until I decided to switch aiming spots each time. I was proud and all but ruining 1/4 of my arrows was getting expensive.

JR

467a3f67740de3b3.jpg
First one for me! Ive seen it before and ive busted arrows before but first time for this!

I used to be happy about getting one. I think I saved my first couple. It looks really cool with aluminum arrows. Now if it happens I am pissed. Too expensive. It is still a blast to do it to someone elses arrow at a 3D shoot.

Saskman

Yes it is common if you continue to shoot at the same spot. I quit shooting at the same spot years ago to save on arrows, etc. It still happens during shoots though, my last one was a couple weeks ago at 40 yards although it was not a true robinhood it just happened to go in the other shaft. A true robinhood is purposely aiming at the nock of the other arrow and putting your shaft into the other. So unless you were aiming at the nock/arrow in the upper right area of the spot and not in the middle, it's called "unlucky damage" and not really a robinhood. :)

Lien2

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-07 AT 11:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-07 AT 11:17?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-07 AT 11:16?PM (MST)

Lien2, would this be considered a true robin hood? This was at 20 yrds. Not too hard to do. 3 weeks latter I shot one at 40 yrds not on purpose.

I like shooting tight groups where arrows ar all touching, so now I use pin nocks.

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vidmg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v169/BrokenHorn/f5df29cf.flv"></embed>

For some reason it's not working???

What is your farthest robinhood with no more than 2 arrows. 30 yards for me. Anyone out to 50 with no more than 2 arrows shot.

I have a whole box of them from over the years. As said before, you definately need several aiming points. My best is a tripple from 40 yds with Gold Tips. I was retiring those shafts and decided to give it a try. It does tend to piss a guy off whether it be a Robbin Hood or slicing the vanes off of the previous shaft. I can get pretty spendy.
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Two years ago I actually got one out at 60 yards with shooting only two arrows. both were in the middle black of the block target. I wasnt too happy because it was the first time shooting my brand new Gold Tips with flex fletch. But it is still on my wall.

Its pretty easy with the big diameter hunting shafts but gets a little tougher when you switch to small diameter shafts. I used to get them all the time, since I switched the axis st with x nocks I will break the nocks but the arrow won't robinhood. It is less expensive to replace nocks instead of arrows. Most of my shooting is done at 30-50 now, but the big shafts still robinhood too easy.

easy to do? dont think so! well not for me. i have broken a few arrows. i broke one today sighting in with my new sight. i have yet to do one, but touch arrows commonly
casey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-07 AT 05:04PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-07 AT 05:02?PM (MST)

I have pulled a Robin Hood only once. I was really excited about it until I started talking to people about it and found out that its pretty common if you shoot enough, mostly at close range targets. I kept the arrows though, I have them sitting on some buck antlers in my house. It really impresses people that don't bow hunt alot.

It's only a real Robin Hood if you call it before you shoot. I've only seen that done one time. Other than that it is just a matter of time before you have to shoot five spot targets so you don't ruin arrows. I unfortunately have a pile of the things but I never called any of them before I shot.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-07 AT 01:58PM (MST)[p]That's never happened to me. That is awesome!

http://www.dunawayhuntfishclub.com"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom