Rutting bucks from Dec 23rd

NMPaul

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-11 AT 05:32PM (MST)[p]I think the rut started early this year for all you guys with archery tags. This was from Dec 23rd and they were very stupid.

I took these pics with a cheap point and shoot camera at about 50 yards. These bucks stuck around for about 5 minutes. They were panting, wheezing, and grunting. Even the does took off while we watched. There was a 3rd buck of the same caliber that Khart saw when they finally broke it up.

2010bucksinrutfighting003.jpg

2010bucksinrutfighting009.jpg

2010bucksinrutfighting008.jpg

2010bucksinrutfighting006.jpg

2010bucksinrutfighting011.jpg

2010bucksinrutfighting006.jpg

Great pics Paul. Too bad I haven't gotten a tag during the rut in 20+ years,don't bow hunt anymore.I like a clean one shot kill and that means rifle or MZ for me. My last bow hunt was in Mont. in 78 and I couldn't find the 4x4 til the next day and by then I had lost half the meat,vowed to myself never to let that happen again.

ha! larger collar shirts :)

hey, nice photos guys...did them two dudes ever get serious? or did they do the normal 'chicken dance' and pretend the fence was actually in their way?

good stuff, thanks!

So you got a bow tag in your pocket and you are crouched behind that pine tree - which buck would you shoot?

Very cool pics thanks for sharing Paul. Shure wish I could have made it down but life seems to get in the way sometimes. Best of luck to those that are getting to hunt.

Very nice pics. Did you guys take Zach along? Hey Kevin I will be leaving Winchester Ca this Thursday and heading your way for the Oryx hunt, hope to see ya!

I don't know why I even bother looking at photos from you two...they just make me jealous and wishing I was hunting...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom