San Bernardino County Kali birds.

shotgunjim

I just got word that an uncle has passed after a long battle with cancer. Believe me, he's in a better place now from what I'v heard.

Anyway, looks like I'll be spending the week before x-mas in SoCal. I'll be staying in Lake Arrowhead. Its been years since I've been there but I remember seeing Quail off the side of the roads in the desert on the back side of Arrowhead. I'm a Chukar hunting fool here in Utah and would love to get into some Kali Chukar. I'll only be able to hunt 1 or 2 days. I'm bringing my dog and shotgun and if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks.

Look up "Model_70_Guy". He's from down that way and I know he's a dove huntin fool but might be able to help with the quail.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I used to live in Lake Arrowhead. The quail hunting is great on the back side of the mountaim. I've never seen or heard of chukar in or around the mountain. I have heard of them further east in the desert mountaims, but not LA. If I were you I would hunt the mountain quail which are minutes from the paved road.....

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-09 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]I live in so cal and have a few chukar spots that have produced for me in the past. I am going out this weekend and can let you know how it looks. I will PM you my number if you want to call.

The quail hunting can be good to the north of the LA basin and over the San Gab mountains, chukar are farther north along the edges of the desert and the sierras.
I second the visit to JHO to ask the same question there. There are a lot of LA guys on board there and you just might get a good scouting report.

Stop Global Whining

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom