San Juan River Outfitters

bigbull1

Very Active Member
Anyone have experience with San Juan River Outfitters?

We are considering putting in for the outfitter draw for New Mexico archery elk and thinking about their drop camp option.

Thanks, Ed

47cc23b574573644.jpg

John,

Guessing you mean you "tagged" out. Good operation, shot opportunities, decent personnel, good gear?

Anything further is appreciated. I am call references currently.

Ed

47cd8c0f2f677ae9.jpg

They're generally known as a good muley outfit. Don't know much about they're elk hunting.
-Raptor

I've now talked to a couple of references who have great things to say about their elk camps.

Thanks, Ed

47cd8c0f2f677ae9.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-08 AT 01:38PM (MST)[p]I guide for them so a little biased but archery elk hunts are great hunts.

All of his camps are top notch - nice tents, cots, hot shower, good food. His horses have packed many animals out of the backcountry.

If on the archery hunt his main unit is a great unit - a little tough to draw because of the popularity of the unit but still a great unit. Archery hunts are like all archery hunts, It can be OK or it can be just outstanding. Depends on weather, elk moods, ect. I always tell guys to go down to hunt for 8 to 10 days if possible - more days = more opportunities. He doesn't charge that much at all for extra days past the 5.

Main camp is always a great area - my hunter killed a 330 bull last year 1.2 miles from main camp.

Dusty,

Yeah I got some references from John and spoke to another hunter who said someone in his camp took a 330. He said he had a chance at a huge bull but got some mud in his nock and couldn't get it done.

It sounds like a good outfit, with some opportunities to stick a decent bull.

Thanks for the reply.

Ed

47d00a6071f22a11.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom