San-Rafeal Sheep

>Looks like the hunters need to
>get off the quads and
>hike.

Interesting statement.
I've always thought that if a guy rode quads OR hiked a lot that his chances for success on Utah desert sheep were dramtically reduced. But, what do I know?
Zeke

>I was being a smart A
>lol.

As are we all from time to time (especially me).
Zeke

PS: That's really a great Utah ram. Some lucky hunters will have a chance to pursue him this Fall. The country is so vast that it should be of no surprise that some great rams make it through hunting season.

With the influx of new genes in some units I am hoping we see more good rams in lots of places. Our little fledgling herds need all the help they can get!

>With the influx of new genes
>in some units I am
>hoping we see more good
>rams in lots of places.
> Our little fledgling herds
>need all the help they
>can get!

True LBH, but I doubt you'd want to wait another 10 years to see if it pans out.
I suspect it will be at least that long before we start seeing any meaningful horn growth due to new gene influx.
A big thanks to Nevada for sharing their desert sheep with us! It can do nothing but help!

Zeke

Well that might explain why i have not been able figure out where the pic taken....been racking my brain for a week

> That ram is dead. Travis
>Murphy killed it on the
>K west this year.

"Things that make you go hmmm"
It would be nice to know what the deal is.
Maybe Ghostbuck will lend us his scoop on the ram??? Maybe...

Kaiparowits West has been cranking out some sweet rams. South San Rafael has too though but I heard through a MM friend (who shot a great SSR ram a couple years ago) that lots of young rams were shot there last Fall.

I don't really care where the pic was taken but it would be nice not to get our leg pulled. I guess this is the internet where anything goes!

Zeke

A good friend of mine sent me those exact pictures back on oct 28th. He asked what I thought of the ram. I told him it was a great Utah ram. He replied "good we just killed it". He sent Kill pics shortly after. So there ya go. Don't know who started this post, but he is obviously trying to pull something over. Maybe he figures if he posts a pic of a big ram and claims san Rafael a few guys will jump on the unit uping his draw odds on the K west? who knows.
Zeke, I guided a lady who drew the expo tag to a great south san Rafael ram this past season.

> A good friend of mine
>sent me those exact pictures
>back on oct 28th. He
>asked what I thought of
>the ram. I told him
>it was a great Utah
>ram. He replied "good we
>just killed it". He sent
>Kill pics shortly after. So
>there ya go. Don't know
>who started this post, but
>he is obviously trying to
>pull something over. Maybe he
>figures if he posts a
>pic of a big ram
>and claims san Rafael a
>few guys will jump on
>the unit uping his draw
>odds on the K west?
>who knows.
> Zeke, I guided a lady
>who drew the expo tag
>to a great south san
>Rafael ram this past season.
>

Thanks NUNYA.
Sounds like you have the scoop on this ram.
Congrats on a fine SSR expo ram for your hunteress. Will it be at the expo? I'd love to catch a peek at it.

In the big world of electronics, Ghost hunter MIGHT have received the pics and passed them along in good faith. (I'm just trying to give the benefit of the doubt)

Thanks for the insight.
Zeke

Zeke, not sure if it will be at the expo. She did however contact me a few weeks ago asking if it was ok for SFW to use photos in their mag and do a short article. so it should be in that at least.
Heather Calder was the hunter.

I'll look for it. Thanks for sharing the info.
I'm glad to see it's still an excellent unit....at least for some!
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom