Saving a Bambi.......

kilowatt

I have received these photo's a number of times over the internet from friends. I don't think it is right, but never the less, here is the story behind them.

A lady found the fawn under her step (they think the doe might have been hit by a car) .Her Ridge Back dog is helping look after it. The Family named the fawn Bella. Once she has regained her strength (she
was not in good shape when the family found her) they are going to send her to some friends who (in the past) raised two orphan deer and released them to the wild. Right now she is being bottle fed. Their dog (Hogan) has basically taken over. The fawn even shares his bed.
A223.jpg

B334.jpg

C445.jpg

I think it's a great story....why don't you think it's right? I think as long as they nurse it to health and then release it, it's great. Hopefully they don't keep it too long and it becomes too domesticated.

WRONG WRONG WRONG! Could you imagine if they did release it what the deer will be like? Plus most states it is illegal to posess wildlife (live). Should have let the coyotes get em. Wild animals are not made to be kept in your home and cuddled by the house dog. Damn idiots.
Jeff

!Wow....pretty strong opinion there cohntr! Maybe these people think your an idiot. An opinions one thing, but calling them an idiot is a little personal don't ya think??

strong opinion, little personal or not they are still idiots! Let me know who they are and I will let them know personally. Did any of my other comments make sense and lead to the conclusion these folks are not smart ( in other words idiots). Anyway, bottom line wildlife do not belong in the house (unless its dead and hanging above the fireplace, etc).
jeff

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-04 AT 09:50AM (MST)[p]Jeff~
I strongly disagree. An aunt and uncle that live in Michigan did essentially the same thing in the late 1980's when a doe on their farm got hit and killed by a car on a county road and they bottle fed the tiny orphaned fawn to health and to adulthood. I even have a pic with me bottle feeding it in their house myself. The little buck was able to fend for itself, and grew to maturity years after the dreaded, unnatural, and unholy bottle feeding in their house. In my humble opinion, that was a much better option than the only other one (letting the fawn die a slow death by starvation or worse) by a long shot.

Bert

PS If you think they are some idiotic, misinformed, uneducated, tree hugging, city slickers, you are sorely mistaken.

1 gun, can you read?
Bert I still disagree. Explain, fend for itself and grew to maturity.
Jeff

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-04 AT 07:44AM (MST)[p]Jeff

You are entitled to your opinion, even though I don't see the benifit of letting a fawn die under the circumstances where it could be brought up to weaning age, where it can take care of itself. A perfect world solution... probably not, but about the only one that would have got him through it in this case. And this was 100% legal as their DNR did get involved and approved what they did, and gave them advice on how to go about it.

Fend for itself: Not fed or otherwise cared for by them at all past that first spring/summer.

To maturity: It lived for 5 1/2 years (much, MUCH longer than the average whitetail buck lives in a hunted area) after they took care of it, in spite of hunting going on in and around their farm, before a hunter caught up with him. Apparently had a pretty nice rack to boot.

Bert

Interesting, thanks ridgetop. I am suprised the deer made it that long. Glad to see it was legal, in most cases like this it usually isnt. yep you are entitled to your opinion as well. I guess we just disagree on this one.
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom