Saving money?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Just a couple thoughts while they are fresh:

I've lost interest looking at my old mounts. I think the main reason is that i helped do them, didn't know what i was doing, and called 3/4's of the needed work done, good enough!

Well, IMO, if you want mounts to look good forever, have a person that is REALLY GOOD, do the work. A decent job won't do it and some out there only put out that kind of work or slightly better.

If you have to, pay the money. Really good Taxi work is a true form of Art that some never seem to master. If money is a major issue, maybe cut back on the animals you do have done but those you do, seem like they are still alive. You won't regret it 30-40 years later.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Good advice sage! I opted not to mount a Nevada 170 class buck last year, as I already have one mounted in that range. My friends think I'm crazy, but I agree that with the cost of amazing taxidermy, the cost should be saved for very special trophies! I'm running out of room in my house as it is.

}}-SLIVER-->

Sage

Seen this post a while back and been thinking about it a lot. Couldn't agree more! You get out of it what you put into it. A good taxi understands this. Lately I've been treating every hunt I go on as a once in a lifetime. Seems like a lot of limited entry tags here in Utah are getting to be that way. But anyways like ya said, you want a mount to look good forever. That type of work is hard to find and you do pay for it when you find it. But I think it's worth it! 500 or 1000 bucks more ain't nothing on 30 years. These pics don't do justice since they are in my dark basement but these two were done by the same taxi about ten years apart. My dads lion was done back in 1999 and my wife's henries cow buff was done in 2010. They still look immaculate today. All I know is that if you are proud of what you got then go all out! It will be worth it in the long run.

3953image.jpg

9480image.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom