SB 196 passed both houses going to Governor. edited post

NMPaul

I screwed up on my last post. I misread an email.

SB196 passed the house and now goes to the Governor. I assume it will be signed by the Governor.

Sorry Hank I had to delete your post with my miss-post.

Love it or hate it, it now appears to be passing into law.

No problemo Paul. It's going to change things here now ,and not for the better for NR DIY folks. I think the "I can't draw a tag whiners" still won't draw and the cost for all of us will go up.IMHO

Thats great! Even if my chances only go up a fraction there still going up! And thats a plus for residents. Who knows I could be one of the guys who gets one of the 3000 tags.

An interesting point was brought up in the discussion prior to the vote; NM Game and Fish is paying for the Wolf reintroduction so our tag and new license fees will be going to pay for that project.

Being a non-residient, I am sure I will not be missed. Looks like this will be my last application in New Mexico.
Enjoy your great state.
If the revenue numbers sited by the pro-bill group are legitimate, the quality of animals will improve and the locals win. If these numbers were "justified" to win the argument, everybody looses.

What was the final breakdown for the NR tags? Glad you guys & Gals in NM get some more tags. Just wish the DIY'er NR had better division if the breakdown stayed the same as I last heard.

Residents get 84%, all the cow tags, all the wma hunts, full access to the outfitter tags, and all outfitters need own/lease property and be tax payers in nm.

Can a non-resident still buy a landowner cow tag under the new bill or is there no way a NR can kill a cow in NM now?

Does anyone know if this will change draw quota for Ibex, Big horn and other hunts that do not separate NR vs Resident?
TRC

In a nutshell, no. It'll take action by the Attorney General to get a quota in place for those species. I'd love to see that happen some day. Just look at some of the stats over the years. NRs have a chance to drawn every tag.

according to a friend that is on the commission...she said that the changes are for ALL species. including bighorn, oryx, and ibex. just what i heard.

>just the way I like it!!
>

Well at least you're not the main stream opinion. And you wonder why 196 came about?

>>just the way I like it!!
>>
>
>
>Well at least you're not the
>main stream opinion. And
>you wonder why 196 came
>about?

+1. he's one i hope the door knob hits him in the ass on his way out and never hunts here again.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-11 AT 08:47PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-11 AT 08:45?PM (MST)

>you need some new friends.

will you be my friend :) Go $!@# yourself

Dang, you guys in NM sure are up-tight.
y'all got a shortage of women out there or what?
Too many other opportunities for me to worry about losing NM.
I was just having a little fun, R-E-L-A-X people!!!!!!

Don't much care I guess....the sad part for me is that this will almost guarantee tougher draw odds in the other western states!

So the NR NG ended up with 6% in the final bill? Then 10% for the guided pool? Is this correct? Way better than the 2% that was proposed. What about the license fee?

Thanks

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

License fee will be $65 (4/1/2011)
app fee is currently $20

app fee will change if the card processor fees change.
License fee can only change in the Legislature

Gentleman, this is a done deal, the governor is going to sign this bill into law. I find it perplexing that this sight is still being barraged with negative posts. Perhaps if those individuals who expended the energy they had into their postings had used it lobbying their interest to their local lawmakers things would be different, but they did not, and here we are. I am also dumbfounded by the amount on NR's who post on this NM forum as if they were born and raised here. Its not a bad deal for the resident, as long as your not an outfitter.

As a non-resident, will i still be able to purchase an over the counter mule deer tag to hunt private land?

AFAIK

You can buy the license from NMG&F is you have a private land tag from the land owner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom