SB 215

cosmic_cowboy

Very Active Member
This a bill to change the Jennings Law and alow depredation hunters come in before land owners kill our wildlife.
I hope all of you will contact your Senators and ask them to support it.
Jack

The meeting is currently being webcast..
http://www.governor.state.nm.us/Webcast.aspx

We have a few people at the meeting but it is going to be tough to get thru.

Here is a link to the members of the SCC which it is currently being heard..

http://www.nmlegis.gov/lcs/committee_display.aspx?CommitteeCode=SCONC

IF it gets thru it will go to the SJC...

If you guys or gals have any questions just ask.

Thanks
Jason
This is the same committee that will be discussing the coyote contest ban.. We will not be supporting the Ban...

Not sure if that post took...
The meeting is currently being webcast..
http://www.governor.state.nm.us/Webcast.aspx

We have a few people at the meeting but it is going to be tough to get thru.

Here is a link to the members of the SCC which it is currently being heard..

http://www.nmlegis.gov/lcs/committee_display.aspx?CommitteeCode=SCONC

IF it gets thru it will go to the SJC...

If you guys or gals have any questions just ask.

Thanks
Jason
This is the same committee that will be discussing the coyote contest ban.. We will not be supporting the Ban...

Yeah... They spent HOURS talking stuff like Hunting with Drones, and Coyote Contests.... Both Passed.

Then the Ag/Ranching group got up there and complained about Jennings fix. Complained that they don't already get enough "Bull tags"... Game and Fish blah blah... I thought I was watching Dr. Phil... It was shot down in less than an hour.

We have over 300+ people at the Public Land Sportsmen Rally but I left the meeting thinking that the only way you really have any influence is by contributing to these guys election funds...

IMO, that room should have been packed with people in Camo and Blaze Orange and it was filed with high-dollar black hats...

It was a bad day...

O Well... Thats about what I expected. The big land owners just have to much power... Like the saying goes FOLLOW THE MONEY !
Jack

Ranchers should be embarrassed by the Jennings law. It is bad press and they should get engaged and rework the law to something they can live with.

I think Big land owners have different outlooks.
Some are good stewards of the land and wildlife.
Some think they Own the Elk and can do what they please.
Some think they are varmints and need to be killed.
And then there is the ones that just want there unit wide tags!
So I don't think the Land Owmers can come to an agreement on how to change the Jennings Law...
Jack

>I think Big land owners have
>different outlooks.
>Some are good stewards of the
>land and wildlife.
>Some think they Own the Elk
>and can do what they
>please.
>Some think they are varmints and
>need to be killed.
>And then there is the ones
>that just want there unit
>wide tags!
>So I don't think the Land
>Owmers can come to an
>agreement on how to change
>the Jennings Law...
>Jack
Too true!
That is the problem,IMHO.
Just herd another old local rancher claim,'Before 15-20 yrs ago there were NO elk here.....
He seemed to forget the Merriams elk the Army & ranchers wiped out along with the Bison,to get rid of those pesky Apache.That's how his family got here and their homestead.

In all honesty,there was language in the bill I would not agree to as a landowner.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom