Scary collapse in Russia.

gleninaz

Long Time Member
Wonder how Putin will react to a 60% decline in the value of the Ruble in the last week? Venezuela is collapsing and Iran is in deep crapola. Maybe our fracking had a goal in mind. Oil is the driver of our enemies economies. I do worry that Russia could start a major war to keep the peasants in line.

A drop in oil like this changes everything. as soon as all the idiots understand for the other 90% of the economy low oil prices are good we should see a rally.

Oil producers might be in for a rough patch though no way around it. Putin might have to pull it in a little.

Stay thirsty my friends

The only country on a war footing is the U.S. with its sanctions and military provocations (Ukraine, Syria).

The fall of the ruble has not prevented Russia from concluding big money deals with China, India and other countries. More importantly, the ruble was used to pay for these deals. So much for busting the ruble.

Eldorado

I doubt the Chinese are dumb enough to do big deals in a weak currency. Maybe oil or gold but not rubles. The value dropped over 10% in one day yesterday so Putin may have to do something radical to retain power.

If the deals are made using SDR's or other mechanisms then it really doesn't matter how the Chinese, India and Russia make these trades. Oil is the same as currency and the net effect is felt through out.

The ones feeling the pinch are those business in Russia who hold their debts in dollars or Euros. All this does is push Russian business further east to the willing arms of the Chinese and Indians.

The currency drop in Russia will be felt by the poor but the elite of the country will be just fine.

Nemont

You wonder if the Administration truly anticipated the consequences of its FP decisions?

Because it's looking more like they're coming back to bite them in the ass.

Eldorado

The Chinese have been buying up massive amounts of gold for years. They may think the Russians can do the same and they can offer some kind of gold standard currency. Only problem selling the crap from either country if America and Europe decide not to play the game. Without consumers both countries will be eating gold for dinner.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom