Schnee's Beartooth vs Lowa Tibet

califhuntn

Does anyone have any experience with these boots? I have a pair of Lowa Sheep Hunters I bought from Schnee's and love them but they are too hot in the late summer early fall. I realize the Schnee's are $50 cheaper in the uninsulated 8"-9" boot. Also which one is stiffer.

JR

The Tibet is the shorter, uninsulated version of the Sheep Hunter (Lowa Hunter GTX Extreme). If you want something a little less beefy and a little more flexible then look at the Ranger. If you like your Sheep Hunters you will probably like the Tibet and Ranger. I have all three and love them all.

Can't help you on the Beartooths. Sorry.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Thanks Wade. I am informed about the boots you mentioned because I read your reviews and others on those very products. I am considering the Renegades because I am really looking for a hot weather bow hunting boot that has the support I need yet is flexible enough, uninsulated and light enough to stalk game. Thanks again.

JR

The Renegade fits all those except the support part. It is just barely a hi top and is too light and flexible to provide a lot of support so make sure you keep that in mind and again, please try them on and wear them for a while first.

Now having said that, Lowa has just revised the Renes and I have not yet compared them to the others.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

That Beartooth looks interesting! They say that it offers good support, but is somewhat flexible. Anyone else?

Talked to the GM at lowa and he said that the new and improved Renegade is due out very soon and is more supportive all the way round. A beefier upper with more ankle support/more structure and protection from the footbed/sole. Generally more robust but not as much as the Ranger. It is still a light hiker with good flexibility. About the same class as the Schnees Wilderness I expect.

I can't tell you much about the Schees boots. Sorry.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

You helped me make my final decision. I was initially going to go with the Tibet but thought it was too heavy. I tried on the Renegades and you are right about the lack of support. I will be ordering my Tibet's today. I will probably be springing for a new pair of Sheep Hunters before next season because mine are getting pretty worn. Thanks again.

JR

Yes I did. If I am going to go heavier than the Renegade then I figured I would go up to the Tibet. I like the rubber high rand that protects the boot and the Ranger doesn't have that.

JR

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom