Score Contest #1

• Thread starter monarchtaxidermy
  • Start date
M

monarchtaxidermy

Hey MM members, I figure the offseason is a great time for us to freshen up our scoring skills. I am going to try and post a monthly contest on the score of a deer or elk. The person who guesses the correct gross score of the animal will win an advantage max one camo hunting hat. I know it's not the greatest prize in the world but the satisfactory of being able to field judge an animal is the real prize here. The first correct score wins. Please only one vote per MM member. Good luck.
I will PM the winner and ship their hat to them through the mail. Once someone guesses the correct score I will post the winner also.
Alright, here is the first buck. This buck was killed in Colorado in 2009. I have tried to post as many angles of the buck as possible for you. It does have a small point off of the eye guard so don't forget that one. This buck was aged at 3 ? years old. Wow what genetics!!!!!! This buck has been officially scored.
Curtis Wilson
Monarch Mountain Taxidermy
P.S. I only have time to check once daily on the scores, so be patient with me. Thanks
5558today_014.jpg

8966today_019.jpg

3146today_015.jpg

5806today_017.jpg

8693today_016-1.jpg

I'm going to say 197-5/8 gross.

PS - Curtis. I like this guess the score stuff.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Damn good buck. I'll go 189 6/8

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

I'm gonna have to say 211 2/8

LEFT

H1: 5
H2: 5
H3: 4 2/8
H4: 4 3/8

G1: 4
G2: 18
G3: 12
G4: 14

MAINBEAM: 25

EXTRA: 1 6/8

RIGHT

H1: 5
H2: 5
H3: 3 6/8
H4: 4 2/8

G1: 4
G2: 17
G3: 12 6/8
G4: 15

MAINBEAM: 25 4/8

INSIDE: 25

LEFT TOTAL: 93 2/8

RIGHT TOTAL: 92 2/8

TOTAL 211 2/8

wow, really fooling a few of ya. Just checkin but no exact score yet. Few of you are pretty dang close though. i will check tomorrow afternoon and see if we have a winner.

Thanks founder, I appreciate your site and how it has helped my business. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
curtis

This will demonstrate my lack of experience, I've never killed one this big but I had to doc him a little on main beam length, took a few inches off for mass (3.5 years old), some times a lighter mass makes the points look longer to me so I had to watch my guess there and went conservative on those too. He's a wide rascal though, for a youngster. Goes to show to can sure see the potential at an early age. Oh ya, 178 1/8". Feel a little foolish but I refigured 3 times, best I could do. Go easy on me okay, I'm a little ego tender.

DC

Beautiful mount. Do you have a pic of the entire mount? What is his feet on? I am doing a mount like this next deer. I'm guessing small ears and little mass to be fooling some.

189 2/8

This Buck has got to be the same blood as LowCountryElk's 2009 Colorado Buck?
Nice Bucks with real nice brow tines.

No winner yet. There is one person who 1/8 away from the correct score. I will give it another couple days if needed, but if no exact score is guessed, I will give the prize to our person who is 1/8 away.
curtis wilson
keep guessing

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-10 AT 11:50AM (MST)[p]I will say 185 4/8.

Great buck, I would also like to see the whole mount. Thanks

I have been thinking of doing something simular to this but with more of a side view of the body and the bucks head turned looking into the room.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Well if there's no winner I'm guessing again lol 190 1/8

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom