Scouting Questions???

Robin_Hood

OK, I have a couple questions, any help would be appreciated:

1 - How far away from the cows do the bachelor bull groups usually stay? (from now until the bachelor groups split up)

2 - How much growth have the bulls put on so far this year?

3 - How far will the bulls travel from now, until Archery season? Are they close to summer range now?

Thanks
Kevin

HMMM. 1- the units i am familar with i dont think they stay a certain distance from cows but the bulls will hang together and ignore the cows. usually up high. alot depends on the unit your hunting

2- its still to early to tell if its goonna be a whopper but they are growing.

3- it depends on your unit! some units there winter range is there summer and ruttin grounds. '

what unit are you hunting? the more people know the more they can help

We primarily hunt the Manti.

There is still a lot of snow up high, so most of the bulls are not on there summer range and may not be there for several more weeks. From what I have seen in the areas we primarily hunt, bulls can really cover some ground once the rut hits. We have several bulls that we see every year, that seem to come out of no where around the second week of september. Our particular area seems to have "rutting grounds" where the elk numbers increase exponentially in september. If you can find a place like that, you are in business.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom