SE IDAHO unit 76

A

ALLHORNS

looking for a packer for archery elk season,will be hunting in
the crow cr. area out of Afton Wy. any suggestions?

In Idaho you need a license to provide outfitting services. In the area you are talking of there is only one license, check with IDFG or the outfitters association to find out who has the permit/license. Send me a private message on the area you plan to hunt I may be able to give some insight or help.

MulePacker is right. There will only be one outfit allowed to pack for the elk hunt. Idaho controls this stuff quite heavy handed.

Go rent your own horses from Yellowstone Horse rentals in Afton.
You won't need a guide to kill a good bull in that unit.
Good luck

We rented horses from Wolfley horses advertised on this site and they worked out really well. They were in good shape from packing all summer and real easy to handle. They packed out our elk no problem. He will deliver to your camp in that area also.
Shane

Take Muleycrazy's suggestion on Horse rentals. I have personally rented from both and Yellowstone is by far a better quality pick. Especially if you do not know Horses.
Also, be ready to have a lot of company during Archery season in all those areas in SE Idaho.
Good Luck!

In the past, the Palisades area was an incredible hunt for many elk hunters, but in recent years the wolf population has impacted the herds of all the animals in the upper Snake River area.

There are still very good pockets that contain healthy populations of elk, but wolves have relocated many of the elk herds, according to Idaho Fish and Game

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom