Seems they got off pretty easy...

This is bullshit and an absolute failure of the system! I am very familiar with this case and I know that the Officers who caught and put this case together had invested 100s of hours in the investigation! They easily spent thousands of dollars in making sure they collected the evidence and got a conviction!

It is a complete slap in the face of the officers who worked hard on this case! The guys in question were miles onto land closed to public hunting! They made every effort to hide their activity from others including covering tracks etc.

Knowing the issue closely this absolutely pisses me off that the court system would fail! I a, certain there was a plea deal, but the truth is they poached one of the largest Bulls in the entire area! They did so illegally!

"Poachers come from all walks of life, but everyone is subject to the same rules and regulations,? said JT Romatzke, a Colorado Parks and Wildlife area wildlife manager.

It doesn't appear so Mr. Romatzke.

Where's the confiscation of guns/vehicles/equipment, the heavy dose of community service, the high fines for accomplices? Maybe Mesa county sportsmen can vote the judge out.

Disgusting.

>Where's the confiscation of guns/vehicles/equipment, the
>heavy dose of community service,
>the high fines for accomplices?
>Maybe Mesa county sportsmen can
>vote the judge out.
>
>Disgusting.

I do know that items were taken as evidence to the crime, but am not sure if they released or kept it!

As far as the voting them out! It was the Garfield County DA! There might be a movement to have them recalled! They have already screwed our officers and people and now are we screwing our wildlife!

Minus the $5000 donation to elk foundation there is a higher fine for leaving a garbage can out!

These dirtbags live/work very close to me. They are on the front page of the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel. Hopefully that will put a bunch of pressure on them.

>What happened to the Sampson Law
>- automatic $10,000 fine for
>poaching a trophy elk?

That's for us commoners LKHTR, not for the nobles.

I emailed Senators Bennet and Gardner to ask why these federal wildlife employees were not terminated. While I was at it, I reminded them I am totally opposed to transfer of federal lands to state ownership. My emails won't matter, but if they get hundreds, they may have to take notice.

I guess you plead guilty when a great deal comes across the table like that!!! DA should be recalled. I did not know the circumstances until you guy's enlightened me. If they covered their tracks then they darn well knew what they were doing was illegal, but the rules are different for us minions. Just like the Ranger who shot a deer in the Bosque with a bow at night and they just shipped him to Cherry Creek I think, but kept his job.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom