selling sheds

W

WatchemDrop93

I really enjoy getting out and finding big old muley sheds in the spring on my property. But i just recently heard that you can sell the sheds you find and you make quite a bit of extra cash off of them. Does anyone know where i can sell my shed antlers or know of any companies that would buy them. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

The guy that sponsors this part of the forum buys sheds. Look at the advertisements on the page

If you are talking about Antlerman be careful. I've heard the guys is quite the business man. No personal experience that is just what I've been told by someone.

You should check prices with multiple buyers just to be safe.

Good luck. If you sell anything big you better take a bunch of pictures.

If you aren't in a big hurry to sell I'd go to a couple antler auctions and see how the antler buying and selling really works. Be a good eye opener for you. Jackson, WY Antler auction and the AntlerFest in Salt Lake at Cabela's are just a couple to go to which are held in the springtime-early summer.

Another vote for antlerfest. Do you have any pics of what your selling?

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-08 AT 03:45PM (MST)[p]i am from Northern Utah. I dont have any pics of what im selling but im selling a few heavy 4 point shed and many other singles . Cause like i dont have any outrageously huge muley sets just a bunch of singles. but i heard you can sell them just by the pound to crafters and what not. Do you know of any where in my area where i can sell my sheds.

Small ones typically sell for around $4 a pound.
The bigger ones that "score something" vary in price and can get quite spendy into the hundreds of dollars.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Does anyone have any names of companies that buy mule deer shed antlers tho?

Ive been selling mine to Mike Eastman, he lives in Salem,UT. His cell is 801 602-2796. I talked to him the other day and he said it might be best to hang on to your horns for a while because the price has gone down just like everytheing else with the ecomony. But wouldn't hurt to give him a call.

I was going to say Mike Eastman also I have sold sheds to him before and it seemed as if his price was fair, I would also consider waiting til June and go to Antlerfest at Cabelas Lehi there are several horn buyers that show up there and you could do alright also check your nickel adds there always seems to be a buyer or two in the thrifty Nickel.

Thanks for all the info. i just have one more question. i dont have any big muley sets just a bunch of singles where can i sell them? Like by the pound?

Mike Eastman buys most of his by the pound, unless they are really big then he'll pay more.

i got $16 a pound this summer for brown good 4 point. anything smaller isnt worth much but it all ads up. i didnt sell my biggest ones. i have also heard prices are way down now?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom