setting up a .50 TC Triumph for an upcomming colo hunt

buglinst

I have muzzle hunted before but with a different setup. I'm going to resite with new front site and williams peep. which of each would you suggest? any thoughts on powder and conical? Have read here about the No excuses and am leaning that way right now. Would love to practice and shoot to 150-200 yds. Btw have been shooting rifles for a long time.

Different theories on the front sight. Marley files his down with a rotory tool to a fine "top of a triangle" point. I like a small fiberoptic bead with a 6 o'clock hold, but I don't shoot past 150 yards max, usually 120.

Hope you have better luck with the No excuses bullets than I did in My Omega. If your QLA is cut right, you should be fine, but if not, it will throw them all over the paper and you are left with using powerbelts, FPBs, or Thors. If they work, great, if not, it won't be the bullets fault, but the QLAs. I suggest you start out at 80 gr and work up from there in increments of 5 grains. Big lead kills without being pushed that hard and usually they are more accurate below 100 gr of powder by volume.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Agree with TX most heavy conicals will shoot better with lower powder charges. My Triumph will hold 2" groups out to 150 yards with the 350 grain FPB I also like the fiber optic sights with the six o'clock hold.

Totally agree with these guys. My Triumph threw no excuses all over the target with no predictability. My best luck has been fpb's. I started at 100 gr 777 fffg. Ended up dropping down to 80 gr and it groups great now, besides the fouling shot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom