SF GIANTS ........... half way there!

R

RACKMASTER

4 GAMES OUT!!
not bad at all....!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

They are looking good at times but need to start playing well in the NL west.
Keys to second half:

1. Panda get hot.
2. Trade Jonathan Sanchez for a big stick.
3. Get the bullpen to throw strkes.

Only 4 games out......but in 4th place. They have to get hot and stay hot for any chance.

No more ducking the fog!

Eel

I hope the Giants can score more than one run for Matt Cain tonight. I thought Zito had the best stuff in a game since joining the Giants last night.

That was epic old school Giants vs Dodgers rival game!!!

Doesn't get any better.

"That was epic old school Giants vs Dodgers rival game!!!"
"Doesn't get any better."

+1, awesome game!!!

I was thinking all along that the Giants were going to come back.

SWEET!!!!

Joey

We can't watch the Giants game here in Colorado, but it looks like the guys are starting to make a run. We went out to dinner for our anniversy last night and turned on my laptop when we got back. I couldn't believe we were behind 5-1 in the 5th, but then the Giants started their come back. Humm Baby. Keep it going boys.

Last night (July 20) was one of the best Giants game I've ever seen! I Loved it!

The final score was 7-5, but at some point in the future that game will continue. It ain't over by any means.

The only thing better would have been if Lasorda was manager!

Last night the Giants made my season!

Eel

Another Nice Win for the Giants in AZ against the Snakes.

Cain pitched great, 3 hits and -0- runs in 8 innings pitched, Posey continues outa this world with 16 game hitting streak, and Torres showing more HR power plus that great catch... Go Giants!!

After the game surfing, i tuned in to Christensen Arms outdoors. Barry Bonds was holding up a toad whitetail buck that he took on a trip up in Canada. Huge dropper on the right side, big SOB!!

hay Butthunter1 I sense you really love San Francisco and hate yourself for it, so you hide it bi saying that...Its OK San Diego! has more young sailors boys so enjoy!!
(probably a closet Raider fan too)..
3 games out....
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

"Barry Bonds was holding up a toad whitetail buck that he took on a trip up in Canada. Huge dropper on the right side, big SOB!!"

Joey, the buck was probably injected with some kind of steroid. J/K :)

Eel

Buckhunter1, San Diego is putting together one heck of a season. Your right to be proud and a fan of such a team with young guys and a comparatively small payroll. That said, You should also be a fan of the Giants. After all, if it weren't for all the Giant losses to SD, SD would not be in first place right now. Hold on to your hat, the Giants are coming on, may just blow on by.

Rackmaster, Good luck on your Wy hunt this year!! I know that you been looking forward to that tag for a long time now!!

Eel, You really know how to hurt a guy.lol I wouldn't put it past Christensen arms to be hunting a game ranch. I didn't see the start of that show or hear the name of the place they hunted. Both bucks taken were 180-190 class bucks, Pigs!!!

What's up with our batting Champion second baseman?? Does he need glasses? Freddie Sanchez looks like he's not seeing the pitchs at all and like some of the other Giants, making up his mind to swing before the pitch gets thrown. We need you Freddie!!! Get your $hit together!!

The Kid, Bumgarner is pitching this evening. I really like what i'm seeing out of this lefthander. Even if only a few runs of support from our bats, look for another win tonight from the kid!!

Tons of upside for this team in our division, we got as good a chance to win it as anyone!!!

Brian Wilson's orange shoes offend Marlins. I like Wilson's response.:)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...-Brian-Wilson-s-mesmerizing-or?urn=mlb-258814

Marlins manager moans about Brian Wilson's orange shoes
By 'Duk

It's not as if Brian Wilson(notes) needs another advantage over opposing batters. The San Francisco Giants closer, after all, currently leads the bigs with 30 saves, wields a 1.99 ERA and has 62 strikeouts in just over 45 innings.

But if there's another edge for Wilson to hold, it's gotta be in the bright orange shoes that he debuted at the All-Star Game and then wore during the ninth inning of San Francisco's 6-4 win over Florida on Tuesday night.

That's because the mere sight of Wilson's kitschy kicks offended Florida Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez to the point of complaining to the umps about them.

9380ept_sports_mlb_experts-53662363-1280340814.jpg

And if a rival manager is focusing on your shoes?

Well, I'm going to guess that he and his charges are probably not concentrating on more important aspects of winning the game.

From the Palm Beach Post:

"A little bit too bright, too flashy," said Rodriguez, who complained to umpires at the start of the ninth inning.

"We asked if there was any rule about that and he said the rule is more intended for the sleeves and there's no rule for the shoes." [...]

"There's rules for jewelry and all kinds of things. Shoes like that are a little bit too much," he said.

"I think there should be a rule. They should be consistent. There's a rule for the uniform and there should be a rule for the shoes."

Yikes. Wilson's shoes might be ugly, but they're not deserving of baseball banishment.

Look, I don't blame Rodriguez for being distracted and acting like the Fashion Ump. After downloading that photo of Wilson above, I started thinking about creamsicles and had to go to the store to go buy a box. This post would have gone up a lot faster had I been able to focus.

The Marlins are professional athletes and I'd expect them to be a little more steadfast in their approach. Who the heck looks at a pitcher's shoes when he's throwing a 95-mph fastball with his right arm? Let Wilson wear whatever he wants and then just go out and beat him.

Prove that you can be the Los Angeles Lakers to Wilson's Phoenix Suns.

Or Spain to his Netherlands.

Or the entire NFL against his old-school Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Florida's Dan Uggla(notes) actually hit a home run off Wilson with two outs in the ninth inning despite those shoes, so yes, Rodriguez should keep quiet on this.

Because as Walkoff Walk's Drew Fairservice so astutely points out, "the Marlins have offended us all with the vast sea of (empty) orange seats for years, what makes these shoes so different?"

Answer: These are a lot more fun for fans to look at.

UPDATE: Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Wilson was fined $1,000 by the National League for "wearing non-conforming shoes and was told that half of each shoe had to be black." Wilson responded by using a Sharpie to color half of the shoes black.

"Too flashy. I didn't know that's in the rulebook," Wilson said. "Oh it's not in the rulebook. The fact that (Rodriguez) thinks these shoes throw 97 to 100 with cut might be a little far fetched. I guess we should have these checked as performance-enhancing shoes."

Halfway there means what, they are almost halfway into the playoffs or halfway out of the playoffs. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Way cool!
I just wish they would start layin some wupass on the Dodgers, instead of playin with my heart!

Another great come from behind win.....BEAT LA!!!!

"Beating Saturday's Trade Deadline, the Giants fortified their bullpen by obtaining left-hander Javier Lopez from the Pittsburgh Pirates and right-hander Ramon Ramirez from Boston"

"The Giants parted with John Bowker, their Opening Day right fielder, and right-hander Joe Martinez, who has bounced between Triple-A Fresno and the Major Leagues for two years, to get Lopez. Minor League right-hander Daniel Turpen was sent to Boston for Ramirez."

I wish Joe Martinez the best!

Eel

I know that the bullpen need middle relief help and I guess we didn't really give anybody away, but I also don't really know if we got any help!
Just keep beating the crap of the NLWest!

I still don't believe that we've seen the best that this team can do and even though they've been like 18-5 lately, there is still a lot of upside to this team...as is!!

Yes, the bullpen could use a few more guys who can consistently throw strikes but the guys there now can also be near unhittable "when they are on." So "be on" damn it!! :)

Our two lefty reliever will be returning, neither has a serious injury.

Good news, Pablo is making way better contact with the ball!

Uribe, Huff, Posey, Pablo, Torrez, Burrel, and Rowand all have good pop in their bats, can win a game, hit one out, or carry the team by themselves when hot. These guys are hardly ever out of a game until the fat lady sings, they believe they're gonna win, they just don't give up!!

Our combined team ERA is among the best in Baseball, our Hitting OPS #'s is second in the league, we can and will come from behind. This is a team to be reckoned with.

All in all, we're sitting pretty good to finish out the season in good standings...and with our pitching staff, nobody is going to want to have to play the SF Giants in the play-offs!!

Bring out the brooms!!! Sweep LA!!!

Joey

Hi boys, back home after two weeks in the Rockies. Even though I haven't seen a game on TV the last two weeks, I have kept up with the Giants on my computor. I hope they keep winning....or you guys may send me packing now that i'm home.

"Don't ya just love it!"

Oh Yeah!! Sweet Sweep if ever there was one!!

The Giants have a pretty tough schedule coming up but we've already won series against these guys this season. Still, no time to get comfortable. Enjoy your day off Fans and Players, lots of good Baseball ahead!!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-10 AT 00:39AM (MST)[p]I'm looking forward to next week and playing some real teams...
well done....cardiac baseball at its finest and we as Giants fans should be a little cocky right now because we are the best team (right now) and playing well....

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Ishsireala sucks! My sister has a better sluggin percentage than
him....

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

When they walk Sandavol to get to Ishsireala, you know he's bad.

I hear you RACK. I don't believe Bochy let him hit in that situation. We got the win though.

Hey the Twins are on top. LOL

Hard to figure out! They hit like hell and then they wither at bat! I think the Freak is over analyzing or else he is just plain pooped out! I've heard scuttle that he doesn't work out enough!

yep...San Diego done!
4 out of div,
1.5 out wild card we got every one right where we want them!!
hold on to my beer I want to try something..........!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

theres a heart-attack in every game!
BH1 I am begunning to feel sorry for the Padres...."NOT"!
hope they never win another game against the Giants.. thought they had a stumble comming but never saw this dude!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

That was the best come back of the year for the Giants....and what made it sooooo sweet was it was against the Dodgers.

+1 on the last three posts!!

Another great game this evening blanking the Dodgers 3-0. They just about needed a sweep of us to have any chance for the play-offs this year and i was glad to see that we not only won 2 of 3, we put ourselves in that much a better place in the standings by doing so.

Hard to figure what's up with SD. Obviously they're not scoring enough runs and their pitching isn't doing as well as it had been but who would have figured, losing 10 games in a row? That's right nice IMO! :)

Joey

to many big game hunters(LE tag holders no doubt)on the Padres, seems they're day dreaming of Mr Big and opening day like all of us!
Giants can't think about that.....just one game at a time and win!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Padres are waiting to peak in the playoffs. LOL

Hey Buckhunter1, i can understand why you would want to be a troll and jump in a SF Giants thread. I can. You could though, start a Padres thread of/on your own. Kinda like we did about our Giants...

Good luck to your team. I think the worm has turned for our team though and you're gonna need all the luck you can get. i for one, hope them Giants open a major can of wup-ass on your team . Have a good one!

Joey

Strap it on....this is what it is all about. Let's go Matt Cain and get the bats heated up.

Dang Dodgers! You would have thought they could have won at least one game against SD. Oh hell no! Another reason to hate the Dodgers.

Eel

from here on out we do it ourselves...."no backing down or in"!
There's no help in the playoffs!!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

I don't have any fricken finger nails left!!
Sanchez is going to kill me yet.....
yes it feels good, however the Rockies are getting bothersome..
we just need to win and win and win and oh crap opening weekend I may need to camp at Dance Country to get cable tv..
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

For you guys that don't care about Baseball or aren't involved in this play-off chase i'm kinda sorry for bumping this thread up and you can now click on to another thread but there is a core in these pages that do care, are involved, plus, i just gotta vent some pride in my team!

How about them Giants guys! It's not too far from the end of the regular season, something like 9 games left to play, and the Giants have not only exceeded my expectations, i'm proud and convinced that they actually have a real good chance to not only make the play-off, who would have thought, they might do well even further up the road.

Great pitching all the way down the line, great bull pen, super closer, and a offense that can be spotty against top pitching but will take advantage of mistakes, with lots of guys in the lineup that can go deep at on any pitch at any time. I've liked what i've seen for some time now and it looks real good for our team. I'm looking to win 5 or 6 out of our last 9 games against Col, AZ, and SD, that's all i ask and certainly the way that they are playing, it's not unrealistic...at all!! Go Giants!!

Joey

Hey Joey, Krukow would always say during the games this year "Giants Baseball---Torture". I think we should redo the quote to "Giants Baseball--"Feast or Famine". Zero or one run per game then 13....go figure.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-10 AT 05:53PM (MST)[p]9 games to go.....and we have a shot at it! I'm pumped!

This team has the talent to beat anybody in baseball, bar none! Our pitching should keep us in every game from here on out. We have no super star offensively,(Posey is getting there) but we're solid from 1 thru 8. I think that's better than depending on one person to carry a team.

Bochy has been pretty darn good all season. Early on I questioned his decision at times when picking the starting line up, and I still do at times. But I trust the guy.(what else can I do?:))

I hope Andres Torres can get back in the lineup soon.

I'm glued to the TV at game time!

Eel

its like a week before Christmas!!!!!
I will be spending alot of time in Bartels bar the 1st week of the openier!!
Go Giants!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

With my frustrations of the past couple giants games, i've been serching the net to find out all the senerios of what happens if we win or lose tomorrow's final game of the regular season. I came across this post on the MLB blog site and found it interesting:

Hondo_Lane wrote:
I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. The Giants can't put away the Padres. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, G o d d a m n I t! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS H E L L, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as h e l l and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as h e l l, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis and the PADRES. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS H E L L, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
10/3/2010 2:31:20

Now i'm a Giants fan, long and true, but not nearly to this guys obsession though at times some may think so. In or out, NL West Division winner, wild card winner, or grab some pine meat we're toast, no matter really, the Giants have had a great season...and yes, most of it has been and to the very last game, Pure Torture! :)

Go Giants!!
Joey

LOL! At this point I just want it to be over. I can't take anymore. It's like having a car that only runs on 7 cylinders. No matter how much time or money you spend, it just won't run right. It should run right......but it just won't. I can't take anymore!

If we get knocked out, no more baseball for me this year. Not even the World Series. I can't take anymore. I'm emotionally drained.

Giants, PLEASE win just one more game! Either today or Monday.

We could still get the wild card? Oh crap!

I'm almost to the point I can't take anymore! :)

Eel

Well before the last game of the season for the Giants,I just want to tip my hat to them, (that didn't sound right)the band off misfit player held together pretty good.i being older and wiser am saying good luck.wait i just threw up.i know my dad is up there throwing things around and wondering why they just can't when one game.That's why all the thunder and lighting in Kali is from.go SD .cowboy57

Cowboy, I'll take that as a well wish. I know it was hard for you.:) Good thing the season ends when it does. I truely believe the Dodgers could catch Arizona if they had another couple weeks.:)

Eel

Hey boys...are you ready for some more water boarding in October, I know I am. Go Giant's.

YES!!!! I can breath again! This is for you RACKMASTER!

Let the torture continue.

Giants vs Braves....Thursday 6:30pm in SF.

Larrbo said, "Hey boys...are you ready for some more water boarding in October, I know I am. Go Giant's."

You know i'm in!! :)

The way this game started off with Sanchez's line drive that landed, chalked up white dust, on the line yet being called a foul ball...that, and the way this set of umps have been calling Giants Pitcher's strike zone, i was concerned to say the least.

Nobody can take this away from them, they earned it! S.Diego also had a great year, congrats to them, but i'm thinking that after all said and done, the best TEAM won and as a Fan, it's been a great season and the rest is all Gravy!

Joey

I blasted 3X1 OR WHAT EVER IT IS (a small reg eye guard and 2 spikes...one about 12" and one about 8" from base and reg (I HAVE PICS, later after season over) 3 point other side.. believe by dfg definition a spike s/b upper 2/3rds! warden even called it a 3x1 with 2 eye guards) just so I can listen to the game coming home....so I am 1 for 3 so far!
I knew they would win this game.....I want "PHILLY"....EVEN PLAYING Dusty would be cool!
The 2 loses against SD was a good wake up call! we still need the Panda and Guillen to get hot and Pablo showed some good signs today...glad the kid (who should get rookie of the year because of his position...)went deep! I hope hes just not too tired!
congetulations Giants...
time to make a statement!!!
one for the record books...
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Good job RACK! Can't wait to see photos of that weird rack. You shot a spike? You and Ted! HA!

Tough loss last night. Ouch! Now I have to listen to that obnoxious "tomahawk chop" chant for two games. I hate it!

Eel

no problemo....got em right where I want them..Ya OPENING MORNING all I saw was bucks and took 1st chance...done by 8 am!
went back to work all week and leaving wensday morning for 102! i'll call ya.
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom