Share a funny Story. Here's one of Mine.LOL

TheKnack

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-12 AT 05:55PM (MST)[p]Just so some do not think I am a stick in the mud and serious all the time....I would like to share a story I posted on MM about ten years ago.
After reading please feel free to add your own for the laughs we all need. Van if you read this I hope you get a kick out of it.
Best,
Jerry

Jerry and I hooked up to do a little elk and mulie hunting this past weekend. The temps were very hot and consequently, the hunting pretty much sucked. Due to the fact that I had endured many knee replacement surgeries from a botched surgery and an infection that almost cost me my leg, I had to bail out and head for home after the first day. The knee was very swollen and the bones haven't had time to properly heal. Will go at it again next year with hopefully better results.
We spent the first night in Steamboat Spngs and were dog tired. About 5 or so in the evening, Jerry hears something and wakes up. He confronts some guy in the bathroom of our hotel room and all hell breaks loose. The front desk at the hotel gave the guy the key to the room so he could inspect the tub for reglazing. Jerry is going just short of ape crap about this time and I'm doing everything possible to calm hinm down. Had I not gotten involved, the Knack probably would hve killed this guy.
The tub refinisher, whom I'll call Rocky comes back to our room after bitching out the front counter personnnel and is in tears, saying that his life just passed in front of his eyes because we had our guns in the room and proceeds to spill his guts and tell us his life story of woes and hardships. We finally get this guy mellowed out and he leaves back for his room to chill out (or to have a couple of shots).
So my hunt turned south after one day and Knackster is still up there trying to push the dark timber and move some animals. The leg is still attached, but I have probably close to a year before the bones properly heal and the infection is gone. Thanks to the tub refinisher, our weekend would have been somewhat uneventful. I'm sure Jerry will post when he gets back and add some colorful additions to this story.
Cooter

Cooter it kind of came across like I am a lunatic.LOL
I woke up and hear someone in the Hotel room bathroom and look over at the other bed and Cooter is laying there sleeping.
So immediately my adrenaline goes up a notch and I creep over to the bathroom and here is this guy shuffling through a bag.
I didn't know if he had a weapon or what the hell he was doing in our room and I blurt out "What the hell are you doing in here"!
The guy practically fell over turning around and I was ready to rip his throat out if he made one wrong move.
The guy yells out some surprised profanity and I yell for Cooter to call the cops.
The guy now is all apologetic and keeps telling me he didn't know anyone was in the room. He also starts to act like he is going to try and leave. I told him he wasn't going anywhere and if he tried I was going to hurt him.
He then tries to explain that he was given the key to work on the tub and I would not believe him till I had a third party confirm his story. At the same time I am probably looking like a crazed man while yelling in his face.
I can tell the guy is scared so I tone it down a little as Cooter is on the phone and yelling with me at the guy.

Since Cooter and I are not what you would call small guys and both of us could win the the crazy looking award, the guy was visibly knocking his knees together.
Well, come to find out as Cooter has said he was given the key to our room by the front desk staff who goofed big time.
I seriously was within a hair of exercising my right to snuff this guy out for fear of our lives. I told Cooter if the guy would have pulled anything out of that bag I would be filling out police forms and trying to explain myself.
None of our rifles were out and no firearms were used during this by the way to clear that question up.
Not that I am the toughest in the world but the Marine Corp taught me plenty on how to handle deadly situations and I almost did.
It's funny how after all these years my senses knew something was wrong and that training still came back in an instant.
Good thing I controlled myself enough that nobody got hurt.
The guy ended up coming back after we found out it was a mistake the Hotel had made and he was an emotional mess.
Did not know I was that dang scary looking.LOL
After he talked about his life story and all I went down and silently reamed the hotel manager who then offered to give us the night free of charge.
I made it clear how dangerous the situation had been and went back to the room with adrenaline still pulsing through my veins.
No sleep for me the night before opening day.
Now that I have written a book I will close in saying Cooter was a real trooper and tried his best to hunt even with his bad knee.
Just wish I could have gotten him into animals early that first day.
Seems like I have made another friend even with the crazy circumstances on the Hotel fiasco.
Don't worry Cooter we seem to be laughing at this one already.
Best,
Jerry

Not a succesful hunt but good memories.

Was this the same Cooter here at MM?

And if it is?

Where is He?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

What, you didn get one that year?

I got a huge one! Nanner, Nanner, Nan-ner! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sage- I was just curious if your 5 or an adult? No seriously.

To answer your question. No I did not get one that year.
However trying to help a friend still get into the hills who was having difficulty finding a way to do it was reward enough.
Even though it did not go down with a story book finish, we still had a good time trying.
Later the same year I took him on a goose hunt where he blasted a goose with his 10 gauge. More good memories.
Your response only goes to prove a point I made in an earlier post.
I guess you could only hope someone does the same for you if you ever find yourself off the high horse your riding.

Knack,
I read your story and it jogged my memory in the same direction.

A couple years ago, I was in Moab Utah for a 1/2 marathon race and being that it was 11pm the night before the race, I was in bed with my wife.

All of the sudden the door flung open and a guy came walking in. As I reached for my Sig 226 I yelled "what the he!! are you doing?". The guy left in a hurry (maybe the laser got his attention more than my yelling). The front desk assured me that they had not given out my room key. No harm was done but it took awhile to fall back to sleep.
I'll never know his identity or intentions.

Moral to the story: Pay a few dollars more and get a better quality experience!

Zeke

Knack, seriously? lol I guess you can't take a joke! That's OK, sometimes i can't either . But No, please don't include me in your Group that you failed to actually prove that exists here, that portion of us that discredits women and kids bucks if they aren't big enough for our approval. I don't think that group exists here or if it does, it's a very small group, one that gets shunned my most here, including myself, at every opportunity.

So anyway, i was just making a funny, tied back to your other thread. Though i don't clown around here as much as some, i do see opportunities for humor in places and generally take em when i get them. Sorry that you took my comment the wrong way and made the comments about me that you did, not cool.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Years ago five friends and I went to moab to run our 4x4's on the trails. We stayed in one motel room for a week and split the cost between the 6 of us. It was pretty cramped living conditoins. There was a queen size bed and some floor to sleep on. On the second night, Right when the lights went out, I see my friend laying in his sleeping bag to the left of me unzip, open and close his sleeping bag a couple of times then the lights were out. I asked him what the heck he was doing and he replied "Ah nothin".

It wasn't but ten seconds later I come flying out of my bag, practically floating on the stench cloud that he just left in his shorts. I warned the rest that something doesn't smell right and headed for the door.

I was the first one out, the rest followed suit. The last one out was of corse the guy who started the evacuation. The funniest part of it was my best friend was hunched over a rock puking his guts out which made another one of my buddies ill and he started puking. I went from pissed to uncontrollable laughter as I have never seen a person clear a room so quick with his wicked fart cloud and then make half the group sick in the process.

This friend of mine wanted to go back in the hotel room and finish his business in our bathroom and we would not let him. It was midnight and we sent him looking for a public rest room by himself to drop off his evil twin brother.

Sorry, not a hunting story but it is one that still gets me rolling. I still do not know how a human body can produce such a evil stench as my friend did that night.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom