Shed at the same time each year?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-09 AT 02:34PM (MST)[p]I dont know for sure if every deer is the same, but I have seen one buck 2 different years in a row still packing while Most of the rest of the deer have droped, he was a bigger buck.

Here is the only shed I have found off of him that is my niece Liz holding it, it took 2 years to find that shed and it was laying less than 10 yard off the road.
4b3a6e3f0f5a9171.jpg

And here is a couple crappy photos of the buck alive.
4b3a70f62038204e.jpg

4b3a7108209bc81c.jpg

He was in the same spot both years, but he never came back last year. Hopefully I can find the other 3 sheds off of him.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

don't know about the same time but i found 2 sets off the same deer 2 years in a row about 1/4 mile form each other, and this last spring found a big year old 3 point shed and saw the buck that had dropped it about 200 yards from where we found it later that day. still haven't found any of his sheds from this year.

Ya I don't know about the same time but I have found multiple sets off of the same buck before in the same general area. In fact out of my best spot I have found sets off of four different bucks for three years now and one buck for four years and this spot is only a quarter square mile. So these deer like to come back to the same spot every year and will continue to do so as long as they aren't pressured. So I guess just keep checking the spot that you found the sheds last year and if there isn't a lot of human pressure he should show back up.

I think that the severity of the winter plays a role in when they drop. In 2008 I found brown horns Feb. 6 and 90% had dropped by Feb 20, but last year in the same place 70-80% were still packing the last week of Feb. The only difference I could see was a lot more snow in 08

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom