Shed Hunters

gooseslayer

Just wondering if very many people in Oregon were into shed hunting, went there for the first time this spring and cleaned up shop, may have been luck, just a question.

There are, maybe you just picked a sweet spot. I try to get out a couple times a year, not this year too much going on. Congats on you finds. JB

Does anyone hit around Ironside? Have heard stories of nice bucks being over there, never been, have no clue as to where they winter, not really asking though.

Way too much private land, used to be a guy up there that if you pulled off the side of the road, his group of thugs would give you a hard time just for looking at the deer in the fields. Tinehunter

I have found a couple around Iron side there but most of the deer winter on the refuge..
Did you find any good one's? What state are you from?

CW

we picked up quite a few but i ended up with the biggest set, a 5x6 around 28-29", taped right around 181". There was one day with four guys we picked up 37 horns before noon, 24 were brown. We were all very happy.

Was that from your first trip or a trip to iron side??? That is a good take. wow nice.
Feel free to send me a pm with some advice, because it sounds like you have better luck in my home state then me!

CW

haven't made it over to the ironside area, I usually look on the ground for horns, seems to be the best spot i've found so far lol.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-10 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]ok "look at ground", Check got that. Now what?
haha

CW

usually find the steepest possible hill to hike up or deepest hole to go into and check them lol, I usually go where everyone else does and end up doing amazing cuz everyone else sucks! that could have been the biggest lie i've ever told lol.

Well I tried!!! lol
All the places I have found sheds only one place produced multiple sheds once. And I havnt been back to this spot because it is a long was away.
Guess I will have to keep looking. Hope my wooden leg holds up, until my bad heart gives out while I try and find a spot
LOL j/k

CW

Back
Top Bottom