SHEDS--'how many'

476704-18-10_1840.jpg

692104-25-10_1823.jpg

736705-16-10_1732.jpg

My best day for deer was 39 fresh, best day for elk was 23 fresh, I don't know about the old ones I don't count them they are just a bonus. A pokey bonus at that.
IMG_3485.jpg

36 total 2 guys 1.5 days
121520100411_22.jpg

37 total 2 guys 1.5 days
29120100321_27.jpg

Its hard to haul this much bone alone. My best personal day is 26.

My best day was 32 sheds in about four hours including four sets.

This is a pic of that day i couldn't carry to many more they are a mix of fresh and hard white the flash kinda made it look like they are all white though.
1030pict1309.jpg

7590img_0143.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-11 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]My best day was actually for whitetail sheds. One day, 35 sheds total, kept 24. Brown and white.
8529sterling_city_sheds.jpg

2782145.jpg

Overnight Trip (blacktail)

My total (over 60)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/3363933627_9b05090fea_z.jpg[img]

All three of us (almost 150)
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3475/3364756870_db25961b7f_z.jpg[img]

>madmax88, great picture. I feel for
>ya though because I know
>how heavy those antlers can
>get. fatrooster.

I wish I knew how how heavy those antlers can get! That is one heck of a haul!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-11 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]Foundation, you've got some really good bone in there. Another good day for me and Daisy from 2009. fatrooster.
085-1.jpg

Thats one good looking dog fatrooster! Congrats on the sheds. How many did your dog find?

rackman, I don't remember how many she found on that particular day, but for the last two years we've found about 80 with her getting credit for 30. She finds a lot more of those but if I see them first with my binoculars then I get the credit for finding them. We usually start off the year with her finding way more than me but later into spring she gets a little distracted by squirrels and I catch up and pass her. Its a lot of fun keeping score, ha ha. fatrooster.
Here she is bringing me a deadhead that she found.
008-1.jpg

Ha ha hornkiller, that's funny. Fatrooster that is awesome to see her out in the field. Looks like you have one of the best companions a guy could have.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-11 AT 08:36AM (MST)[p]Me and a buddy... 6 hours out for a quick hike. We spotted more and had to go back for another trip... also had some still carrying. These are just the fresh we found.. there were year olds and chalk we brought home as well.

8942p1040739.jpg

actually rackman if I remember right 3/4 of those horns in the back of fatroosters truck are mine dont let him fool ya!

Some of those antlers on that day did actually belong to horndog. But on THIS other day me and Daisy smoked him. I think he found only two of these antlers. Here he is posing with Daisy and his owne shed dog who he says is coming along very nicely this year. Can't wait to see her in action horndog!
5074001.jpg

But on this day later in the year he spanked us badly. It was the beginning of July and Daisy does not like shed hunting in warm weather. Horndog found all of the antlers on this day and it was in MY spot!
6196006.jpg

Here is the beautiful country that we found those elk antlers in.
6901001.jpg

A little friendly competition is fun. I'll get him this year! fatrooster.

fatrooster, you and horndog are gonna have a lil more competition this year from horndog's older brother haha. I'm going to have beginner's luck on my side, so you best watch out

Gee, thanks for the advice fatrooster. But, I do have a couple advantages working with me, I have horndog to tag along with, and that also means I will sometimes be right on your heels haha. It will be fun either way.

bigbucksk, great pictures. Looks like your a great matchmaker considering all of the match sets you've got.
bownanza, looking forward to shed hunting with ya. Lets make a deal right now, we cannot let horndog find more sheds than us. You game? fatrooster.

bownanza, tedcrf450 is another guy we gotta look out for. I think he put a homing device on my truck because every where I go he shows up, ha ha. Just joshing ya Ted. See you out in the hills in the spring! fatrooster.

Four of us went out for a day and a half. We found 32 the first day.

Found ten more in a few hours on day two (42 for the trip). I only took a picture of day one.

816a_good_shed_day.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-11 AT 05:03PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-11 AT 05:01?PM (MST)

Nice love the slamming mule deer shed from Wyoming is the big 05 shed and the 08 shed from the same buck or just a relative. you live in any of those states or you just travel. Thanks for posting

kinda insecure of you to manipulate the background of your photos i think, but nice sheds anyway.. looks like you do best in arizona and utah, maybe best stay in those states. one of the primary reasons for the antler hunting restrictions in wyo was do the # of non residents running amuck..you may or may not be, just sayin

Fatrooster, PM me, call or email when you are ready to go!! So I don't have to track you down and follow you!! Tyson is leaving for to N. Carolina for 2 years so I need some company out hiking.

Same buck, our friends found his 07 set last year. He was a monster of a buck. I'm from Utah, we've been going to Arizona for the past 10 years and Wyoming for the past 14-15 years. The ATV groups are killing Wyoming, the past few years the place has been over run by ATVs before and during the opener. We have been finding less and less sheds due to the guys sneaking in. Oh well, the BLM in Wyoming doesn't have the resources to fight the problem. It is what it is!

cmulbay,

I've been called every word in the book, but I've never been called insecure before. Thanks for the kind and warm complement. Over the past 16 years of shed hunting I've had guys stake out my truck at trail heads to asking me in certain photos if it was up this canyon or that canyon. So I've taken some precautions in the past to hide spots, most of them now are over run, my main deer and elk spots in Utah I don't even shed hunt anymore. I go to Arizona just to get away from the crowds, the past few years we've ran into guys out in the middle of nowhere (AZ strip).

antlerking,
not trying to criticize, i agree it is a bummer to see the quality of your spots dwindle over time.. i have enjoyed lookin at your pics for years, nice finds. i wish restrictions were enforced everywhere as it seems they need to be anymore

I would have to agree, it's kind of sad how winter range is being over ran by zealous bone hunters. Looks like Wyoming is stating to make a point, just wish they had more people out there handing out fines! I guess like hunting, eventuality more and more people will start to obey laws as there in-placed. Post like this are nice, it's good to see people are still finding honey holes:)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-11 AT 04:26PM (MST)[p]http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ivegottomy/455.jpg
this spot had been hit by about twenty atvs
069-1.jpg

014-5.jpg

015-2.jpg

040.jpg

449.jpg

472.jpg

Bonedaddy . That first picture in the right hand corner that bladed shed looks like another right hand side I have found . Its one of the pics I posted . I'll try and get a better picture of the one I found .

bonedaddy, great bunch of sheds.
Antlerking, thanks for sharing your pictures and I don't mind if you change the background. fatrooster.

the amount of time it took you to edit out the no trespassing signs you could have just gotten permission to shed hunt the area in the first place.

The post in the Wyoming photo, there was nothing on it. It's on BLM land mix with some state land.

PumpJack where do you live? just curious because of the windmills. muledeernuts

Bonedaddy, are you in idaho by chance? my friend found a shed that looks exactly like the front fork of that deadhead, how its 3 points. crazy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom