Sheep 1st Alt

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
A good friend is first alternative on a sheep tag. Is there any chance? Has any sheep alternate ever got a tag?

It's happened in the past, per DFW. I was second alt one year, but everyone bought their tags. It can happen.

My wife was first alt one year, second alt two years later for Lone Pine Elk! Back then I asked if it was wrong to hope someone gets sick(that would be wrong) or thrown in jail! It is possible, but not likely, here to hoping someone with a felony warrant got the tag, and they get busted before season!!

A chance, maybe, slim I figure, I'd have to be in a pine box to miss a tag like that, drew a goat tag once as a #7 alternate, so go figure.
Mike

15 years ago a second alternate hunted sheep

323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

You bet it happens for even sheep hunts! We have hunted with three different alternates over the years. One of those hunters was a second alternate in a premium unit.

I was a number 1 alternate for Marble Mountains about ten years ago, never got to hunt. One of the tag holders was the only non-resident who could draw, what were those odds?

ElmerFudd, I have a strategy for your buddy to get that tag, PM me if interested. A Buddy suggested it to me when I was alternate but I didn't pursue his idea. I wish I had.

>I was a number 1 alternate
>for Marble Mountains about ten
>years ago, never got to
>hunt. One of the tag
>holders was the only non-resident
>who could draw, what were
>those odds?
>
>ElmerFudd, I have a strategy for
>your buddy to get that
>tag, PM me if interested.
> A Buddy suggested
>it to me when I
>was alternate but I didn't
>pursue his idea. I wish
>I had.

What's that? Offer money to the tag holder to turn it back in?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom