Sheridan Elk Herd

brdhuntr

I 'm planning to hunt elk in 2023 in unit 38, and am looking to see if the elk are surviving ok. Thankyou!

No first hand experience but most of snotel sites in the Bighorns are only around 125 percent of normal and the elk have plenty of lower ground there for winter range. They are fine. 125 percent of normal is good this year for a record winter in a lot of places in the central and northern rockies.

Lot of them elk migrate to a private ranch with a lot of feed plus the elk wintering grounds the game and fish have over there. Cant remember the name of it. outside of Dayton

Drove through last week. A lot of snow on the ground between Crow Agency and Sheridan. Sheridan to Gillette was bare, and then there was a lot again in SD. They got more in the last few days. I don't know about feeding, but it's going to be a while before they have green grass.

Lot of them elk migrate to a private ranch with a lot of feed plus the elk wintering grounds the game and fish have over there. Cant remember the name of it. outside of Dayton
There are actually two WHMA's - Amsden Creek and Kerns.

ClearCreek

The Snotel sites on the mountain are in fact running up to 125 %. There has however been a lot of snow down lower, way more than usual. I wouldn't doubt that we still have snow that fell in November still. Its been a real rough winter

There are actually two WHMA's - Amsden Creek and Kerns.

ClearCreek

I couldn't remember the name. I lived in Sheridan for 5 years and I just remember the game warden that lived next to it. In 5 years I went there once for the shed hunt. Other than that I always drove back home for hunting adventures. Never been a fan of the bighorn mnt hunts for elk.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom