Shooter Bison?

gznokes

Very Active Member
I've been trying to get my head around field judging Bison so yesterday I went out to Antelope Island. I took pictures of these two bulls that I estimate would go north of the B&C 115" minimum (I'm assuming Bison #1 is matched Left & Right even though he is broomed). I just thought I'd post them up here to have anyone chime in with their opinions about whether they are shooters and what they might on score.

BULL #1
AI_1a.png

AI_1.png

BULL #2
AI_2.png

AI_2a.png

MT_Grizz.jpg

On average horn length should be minimum of 17" circumference at base 15+ to make the 115 min. Bull 1 is an old trophy but I think he is South of book. Bull 2 is younger and will score better but don't believe it will book either. Both are great trophies and after hunting buff I would consider the whole package (cape, length of hair, color variation) if I was to hunt one again.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-14 AT 08:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-14 AT 08:28?PM (MST)

I don't think either will go Boone and Crockett. The first bull is a big bull but not a booner. The second bull is just an average bull.

1135image.jpg

4283image.jpg

8421image.jpg

This bull is 126 gross. He's a little over 15 1/2 long, but has great mass

Go4steelhd! That bull is insane in the mass department! Do you remember any of the mass measurements off hand? I'm estimating 17" M1 measurement on that bull.

Knowing that the bull goes 126 with 15.5 length. This is my guess
15.5 L
17 M1
14.5 M2
10 M3
6 m4
=63X2=126

MT_Grizz.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom