shooting from a truck in Utah?

elks96

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-12 AT 02:54PM (MST)[p]I am pretty certain that if you actually watch this video the guy was in the cab when he shot the buck at 15:30ish...

Listen to how the action sounds it is not like the guy shooting is outside and the camera inside the truck???

You mean the shot around the 26 minute mark at the wide buck? My bet is that at the very best, he may have opened the door and stood using the window as a rest. Still shooting from the road at the very least. Its impossible to tell for sure but its not unlikely. Nothing good enough to prove it either as the video isn't proof enough. Its also on a CWMU so most likely no one will ever find out, IMO.

www.biggamedrawodds.com

You will find that I commented on this video a few days ago. i find it interesting that orange isn't worn properly. Also it said they were hunting November 2012. Seems like some fishy hunting to me...

I thought shooting from a vehicle in Utah was standard procedure. I mean, the first time I hunted Utah, I was appalled by how many guys are riding in the back of the truck weapons ready with girlfriend or wife doing the driving. Have been seeing it every year since for the last 5 years, simply amazing.

If it's actually illegal to shoot from a vehicle, that means you can't be touching the thing. But no one cares because just about everyone seems to be doing it.

It's Legal if you have a Disabled Permit and a COR.

I get a special permit each year to shoot from a vehicle but most of the time I get out and stand on the ground and shoot through the open window... I roll the window up and down for elevation. From what I understand from the DWR, that not a lot of Disabled Hunters obtain the Shooting from a Vehicle Permission.

You should have reported them.

Destiny

RE: It's Legal if you have a Disabled Permit and a COR.

JUDAS!

Been a while MsDestiny?

How's the Hunts been Treatin you?

Pics?

Merry Christmas!

So?
You think you wanna take My Hi- Capacity Magazines & Assault Rifles Huh?
Just Try taking My American Pride/Rights!

It's been a long hard ride
And I won't lose hope
This is still the place
That we all call home

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom