Shotgun question?

huntazido

I'm looking for a left handed over/under for my son who will be turning 15 very soon. I've been looking at cabelas and sportsmans warehouse here in Phx area but they aren't able to tell me who makes a left handed model. He really likes the savage model 512 but can't seem to find out if they make it in left hand model. I tried to call Savage but they are closed for 3 weeks in the summer.

Can any of you recommend a good left handed over/under preferably 20 ga, single trigger, and around the $600 mark?

Thanks
John

[email protected]

Maybe I am not thinking straight but aren't double guns ambidextrous?

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

That is what I thought too and that is why I was looking into O/U's. The salesman at Cabelas brought it to my attention that the thumb release that breaks the gun open is made for a right handed person and there is such a thing as a left handed O/U.

I suppose he could learn to work around it but it is awkward.

Stoeger makes a lefty O/U. I do not know if the release is lefty though. I shouldered my O/U left handed and using the release was not too bad, even considering left-hand use is awkward for me as a righty. I would be more concerned about the stock cast and fit than the release.
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_condor_competition_and_combo.php

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

A guy I shoot sporting clays with bought one of those, you get what you pay for so be careful.

One the best shooters I know is a lefty and he shoots a right handed O/U , it's no big deal. the fit can be an issue but most off the shelf guns don't have enough cast to effect most shooters.

I'd let him try some different guns maybe even go to the range and shoot a few if you know some guys who have some guns like you're interested in and see how they fit him. I'd rather buy a used quality gun than a new elcheapo, for a little more you can find a nice Citori, Beretta or SKB or something along those lines.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom