Shotshell blowback in Genesis

UngulateFoe

Last year a very good friend gave me a Remington Genesis as a gift for my wedding. Great gift and even better given I had a Northern NM muzzy elk coming up, and I couldnt find any load worth a crap to put through my T/C Omega. Soon as I got the Genesis I was dialing 1" groups at 100yds all day. Anyhow I noticed while I was shooting this weekend that my used primers (CCI 209M) are very black all the way back to the lip of the primer. I know this means excessive gas loss and a failure of utilizing the full power potential of the primer. Never did this in my Omega and assume it a size difference in the breech plug primer insert. Bottom line is the Genesis shoots MUCH better than my Omega so I'm not all that worried, just curious if any of you other Genesis owners are observing the saame thing. Thanks!

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

pretty common. The genesis isn't going to lock up as tight as the omega system.

Run a 3mm or #32 drill bit and with your fingers, spin it and cut all the carbon build up out of the flash channel. That small hole builds up pretty quick with carbon and could result in more pressure at the primer end. Giving you more blow by.

www.FrontierMuzzleloadin.powerguild.net

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom