Should I?

Wanted

Currently I have the Swarovski 10x42 SLC's and a 15x56 SLC. I have both set up with Tripod studs to use on my Outdoorsman Tripod. I use the 10x42's while glassing on the tripod and find I can see very good detail with them. Since most of my hunting is done via backpack, the 15's rarely leave the house.

I was thinking of selling both of them and upgrading to the new Swarovision 10x42 EL

I would keep the 15x56-they are only going to go up in cost, you might want one again.

Sell the 10x42 SLC, keep the 15x56 and save a little and upgrade to the swarovision, slc hd or Zeiss FL.

Have you looked through the swarovision yet? For some people it is not the best choice-it has field flattners in the occulars but some people are sensitive to the rolling ball effect it produces.

The Zeiss FL and new SLC HD are pretty evenly matched in brightness and resolution. Both of these binos are a tad brighter than the swarovision.

Wanted, I totally agree with you. I found that my 10 power El's bino's were almost as good as my 15 power slc's. Last year I traded my 15's for a Leica spotter and never looked back. fatrooster.

wanted,

i have the swarovision and it is the best purchase i've made in hunting equipment. the low light performance is nothing short of amazing. i really can't see the rolling ball effect. i love these binos. fatrooster makes a good point, sell the 15's and get a spotter.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-11 AT 01:59PM (MST)[p]I also have not had an issue with the rolling ball effect. I do love my Swarovisions. I would hate to tell you that you should do something though. I would say go try out the Swarovisions and see if they are worth it for you to sell your others.

I looked at the SLC HD and the Swarovisions for about an hour before I bought them and I don't think the HD's are brighter than the Swarovisions. I would say they are about the same, but depth and colors are much better with the Swarovisions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom