Should Vick Be Allowed to Play the NFL.

sure.... not like he got away with anything..time served..free man!
4a03d572639d0132.jpg

Rackmaster

I agree with RACK....He did his time, paid his debt that society said he should pay. let the man play if he still has the skills.....

Well, what about all the snivelers and whiners with the, "he's supposed to be a role model", mantra?

I couldn't care less, in fact, I am looking forward to the fan harassment he is going to get.......that in itself, should liven up any football telecast.

I don't care. Just hope the 9ers don't pick him up. I'd love to see him get smashed by Willis though.

Let him earn a livin, more than most ex-cons do. At least he won't be stealin purses from ole ladies.

LAST EDITED ON May-19-09 AT 08:18AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-19-09 AT 08:11?AM (MST)

Why do you NEED our opinions and votes? Just curious or is this going to be used in a scientific-looking opinion poll for a report or something? I would love to see the citation line for MonsterMuleys.com in a public report! That would give it a LOT of credibility - especially by the regular readers of these forums! LOL

Vick has served his time and has the right to pursue a living as best he sees fit, using the talents he was given to the best of his ability - just like any other inmate. Just as long as the conditions of his release (of which I admit I am not the least bit familiar) allow him to do so, there should be no reason why not.

Does this result in an image problem for the NFL? Sorry Commisioner Goodell, your efforts to curb bad behavior by NFL players is very well intentioned and admirable and I support you 100% but you are a fool to think that you will paint a picture of the NFL as a bunch of good guys. Never has been - never will be! Just like any other industry, it has its good and bad people - maybe more than average for reasons that don't need to be stated nor debated here. But please don't let Mike Vick become the "wanted" poster boy for NFL behavior issues. There are a lot of other criminals playing in that league that have done things comparable to or worse than him.

Oh and the ROLE MODEL thing? Well I know kids will look up to him, but it gives the opportunity for the people who should be the REAL role models in kids' lives the chance to step up and teach a lesson or two. And in fact I think Vick can serve as a positive role model - especially for those kids who DON'T have real role models (PARENTS). He can prove he is "rehabilitated" and repentant of his criminal behavior and can once again be a productive member of society - more than that, a societal icon once again. It is the classic rags to riches to prison to riches again story. It is a tale of redemption - and frankly, a pretty good one if he keeps his nose clean. So YES he WILL play again - the media will eat it up and the NFL can not afford to let this kind of a story pass them by. The return of the fallen hero - it has Star Wars Episode VI written all over it - "The Return of The Quarterback"! Oh yeah - Vick WILL play again. You can bet your salary on it - Roger Goodell will - just watch and see!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

No, he shouldn't be allowed to play. Playing in the NFL should be a privilege. There are literally thousands of college players that never even get the chance to play in the NFL, yet they let the ones who made it, play regardless of their actions.

Of course he should be allowed to play! There are MUCH greater injustices in life than killing a few dogs. I don't think he should have ever served time in the first place. Granted, he was stupid and should have been punished, such as a fine. But prison......give me a break, people who murder other people get less.

Hell yeah, let him play!

Whats the difference between me shooting 15 of my neighbors cats in my back yard throughout the year and what vic did? I say the NRA should hire him and put him on the anti peta committee!

He who stomps the greatest stinky wins!

+1 Ropinfool

Punishment should fit the crime. I think about all the other crimes committed by famous people that go unpunished.

Yes, Mike Vick should be allowed to play in the NFL.
And Pete Rose should be in the MLB Hall of Fame.
Both guys have questionalbe character, but that shouldn't minimalize their tremendous talent.

For some people the punishment has not fit the crime. Me personaly i think he should still be in prison. There is no excuse for what he has done.But you are right everybody has a right to make living no matter what he has done.

He will play regardless.

More interesting, what team wants to go with his sets of skills? Most teams are not built to succeed with his running scrambling style. Atlanta built their team around what he could do.

I think he ought to come out for his first pre-game interview, in a brindle print coyote pelt coat!

of course he should play. debt(whether you think its enough or not) paid.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Yes. Let Vick play. At least he did some time for killing dogs, unlike Ray Lewis who killed people and wasn't even suspended by the NFL.

I would let him play.....in a drained pool with ankle cuffs and a pack of angry Pitbulls. I dont think what he did was right, but on the other hand ##### Fighting is Badazz!!:)
4a1330460344da5b.jpg

He will play and I hope it with the Vikes.Talk about Black and Blue.
People ##### about some dogs, well I kill dogs all the time they are called coyotes, Now is it the same Not in a hunters eyes But in John Q Public it the same.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom