SILENTSTALKER!!!

predator

Very Active Member
I AM SOOOO NOT SPEAKING TO YOU!!!

JERK!! LOL

Congrats, you better not draw that moose tag now, or we won't have enough scouting time......

Pred

Congrats Bro!!!

I guess I know what I will be doing this fall :)

The only problem is I couldn't find my name anywhere on that dang list of lucky SUCKERS!!!!!

Thanks everybody,

This is truly the opportunity of a lifetime and anyone that knows me knows that this is not my normal luck. I am the type of guy who does not draw out when there are 10 tags and only 12 applicants! That being said, I am floating on thin air right now. It should be a really fun hunt with a lot less pressure I place on myself this time around. Hopefully we can all enjoy it. Keep the faith for the regular draws. Their is still hope. If I draw my Moose tag it could really be interesting! Have a great day guy's.

Chad

Are you going for a 400 bull SS?;-)

Damn, I am going to have fun with you SS! I say great job and congrats, but I am going to have fun with ya! Ha!

I am going for a good bull. To me that is any bull that will score over 330+. I think that is very realistic and a good goal. That being said, I will be looking for the elusive 400. As to the fun, bring it on. I deserve it! My friends have already laid it on pretty heavy and I am still standing, wobbly legged and bloody nose but standing! Have a great day man! I am truly sorry we could not all draw!

Chad

silentstalker says:

Regardless of the increase on tags this year, (which I agree with you, they will go up), these tags are tags that "would have" been in the draw for ALL of the public to have a crack at. The fact that 500+ permits (200 expo tags, 350 conservation tags) or more for the next 3-5 years are taken from the public drawing is starting to turn some heads. It is unbelievable that the public will stand for this. The fact is, the general public has no clue that these groups are taking so many tags every year. The general public has not nor in my oppinion will they ever benefit to the degree these groups benefit from them. It is way past time these groups cut these tags by at least half and sell those 1/2 for a lot more money. The intake would probably net close to the same. It would also help their image to mandate that 100% of the tag dollars go directly to the resource rather than 10% going to salaries, expenses etc. Other states do it this way and it works out just fine. They also fund their projects with A LOT less tags.

I have no beef with the program. I actually support several groups involved. However, at this time I like many on this site believe that the tag numbers are BEYOND rediculous.

Have a great day and good luck in the draws!

:);-);-):):):) I am getting ready to lay it on thick you lucky bugger!

WELL!!!

I HATE TO WISH SOMEBODY LUCK THATS ALREADY HAD LUCK!!!

BUT I HOPE SS DRAWS THE MOOSE TAG THIS YEAR ALSO!!!

MIGHT BE A CURVE BALL???

THIS IS ONE LUCKY OPPORTUNIST WE NEED TAGGED OUT FOR A WHILE!!!

REMEMBER!!!

ITS O.K. TO SHOOT A PISSCUTTER THE FIRST TIME!!!

SHOOT A PISSCUTTER THE SECOND TIME & YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HARRASSMENT IS!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

THE ONLY "UN" LUCKY bobcat!!!

Then, SS goes on to say:

The problem I have with these tags is the lost opportunity to those who cannot attend. They could have raised MUCH more $$$$$ for wildlife by allowing EVERYONE a shot at the tags. But apparently that is not what these tags are about. As for conservation tags, they are turning hunting into a rich mans sport and unfortunatly they are also the tail wagging the dog here in Utah when it comes to management here in Utah.
That said, I beleive that permit numbers should go up or at a minimum remain the same. I do not see them going down.

Good luck SS. Have fun on your hunt.:) I will wallow in taglessness for Utah elk this year. I think I am going to try for a tag increase this year. An EXPO TAG INCREASE in 08!;-)

Gentleman,

please know this, that the legislature and Governor are very excited for this expo and what it did for Utah in the west, in norht america and around the world.

They, are in fact considering putting $9 MILLION a year of oil and gas royalty money into federal land restoration and buying critical winter range - each year, and Huntsman has $20 Million into buying 28,000 acres out near strawberry so it is NOT sold off to developers or billionaire types to lock us out.

Just think, if this expo had exsited 20 years ago, we the public would have owned Deseret Land and Livestock - failed by ONE vote, and lots of other big ranches. There would have been hundreds of more "public tags" each year and over time that is tens of thousands of tags.

KTC, your elk tag is coming, lets remember the big picture, to bad we did't see it, collectively as sportsmen 30 years ago.

don peay

dk,

Are you telling me I drew something?;-)

I hate to sound greedy because I went last year, so I am ok sitting out, but DAMN it was fun! Just having the CHANCE to do it again gets the juices flowing.

Seriously ss, have a great hunt. I think 330 is very doable and hopefully you get him.

ktc!!!

WHO'S TAIL YOU BEEN LICKIN???

I THOUGHT YOU GOT YOUR TAG LAST YEAR???

IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE LUCKY FOUR???

CAN I BE THE TRIGGER MAN???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Way to go Chad! Very Nice!!!!!! I didn't get a chance to get my stands down before the snow fell so they are still standing. You are more than welcome to use any of them. I will tell you right where they are, hell, I'll even walk you to them. Let me know if I can help. I would be glad to be an extra pair of eyes for you.

It's always an adventure!!!

Way to go buddy!!!

I guess i'll lay off for awhile and let you recoup. I will remind you of the time we put in for pronghorn and the odds were 1 in 1.3 and you were the only .3 of a person who didin't draw so I guess now your back up to a full person.

No tail licken' bess. Just being nice to those who took care of me in a bad opportunity fight last year!

I will keep my eyes peeled ss. I have seen a few that will beat 330 in my travels on your unit! Oh wait! I need to see if I was one of the fortunate 3! Oh hell, I will still keep my eyes peeled. Maybe I will need your scouting/hunting notes the following week after you are done? Probably not, but DAMN that was fun last year!

Thanks guy's,

KTC,

I still stand by those quotes! I sure won't give this tag back though! I almost boycotted the draw all together and then I thought man don't be an IDIOT!!! If nothing else, get your sorry butt up there and give some money to a good cause! Now I am glad I did. I appreciate any and all the help I can get. You guy's are all great hunters and I know that I could benefit from all your help. If any of you draw the Wasatch unit this year or years to come let me know. I also know the Manti really well. I would be happy to share any info I get hunting it this year. I know a small part of this unit really well and hope to learn a lot more of it this spring/summer/fall.

Wholelottsbull,

I will send you a PM.

Camo,

I remember well the year I was the .3 who did not draw out. That is why this is so unbeleievable. I have NEVER had this kind of luck. I usually can't even draw a cow elk tag! I feel guilty as hell hunting elk a second time but it is a good kind of guilty! Good luck to all of you in the regular draws! I hope you all get the tag of your dreams. Have a great day!

Chad

ss,

Good thing you applied. If not you someone else. I would not give it back either! The expo tag draw is a done deal like it or not. I figure if ya cannot beat them, join them. Sounds like lots of cash was raised for a good cause. No need to feel guilty! Like I said, if not you, then someone else. Everyone likes a freebie now and then!

ktc--- is a freebie like a nooner??

Chad lets get up on the mountain for some scouting as soon as ya want to hook-up....

My new 'walker' has A/T tread on the wheels... so I should be able to cover a little more ground...

Robb

Sounds good Robb,

It looks like the spring and summer are planned for me. I would love to try out that new rig! Let's do it!

Robb what happened to linda the lama? Did you retire them all for Walker! I have plans for your goats.
So what Elk tag did he draw? Special unit or ?? Sportsman type??
Way to be SS
Rut

HOly cow Robb, you better hope the Warden doesn't see that!!!

I can't save you from what will happen.......hey, can I have the new mule??? And your Omega?? Oh, and the walking/shooting stick combo and your bow?

Nice knowin' ya, buddy.

HaHa ssshhhhhh

It's a T/C Encore-camo... and the new bow is a Reflex Highlander... you'll have a 2nd christmas if she finds out the Jerky she is eating on her x-country ski trips is ole Gus....ha

sshhhhhhh

Robb

Hey, if I can get an Encore and a Reflex outta that....

I can be a snitch!! Cuz, let's see....we could use the truck for our next turkey outing....or the Grand Canyon trips, or the other trips we always want to do and don't have the time to do....we could see your snowshoes for better ones for ourselves

See, you are replaceable...and hey, I think your 'stuff' is worth a bit!!

Good thing she likes you a lot. :0

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom