Sitka Gear Question

toolmann

So it's time for some new hunting pants and I've been looking at the Sitka ascent and mountain series. My worry is a lot of reviews I've read said they aren't waterproof at all. Here in Colorado I have a chance of snow during most of the season. Or, if I need to sit for a little while and the ground is wet or snowy, I really don't want to end up with frozen cheeks.

Can any of you give me some insight if you've hunted in these during snow/rain. I don't mind spending the money on quality gear, but I want to make sure it will work for my needs.

Thanks,

TM

I hunt Colorado, Wyoming, and Alaska on a fairly regular basis. Pretty much all I wear anymore for pants are Sitka. I wear them in August through the winter months. They may not be totally waterproof but they dry super fast, are fairly light, and super comfortable. The key for rainy, snowy, windy weather is to layer. Add a breathable rainpant for wet weather and possibly a base layer in super cold temps and you are pretty much set!

They're good for a light rainshower and that's about it. They're a good lightweight pant and I use them a lot, from NM to the NWT. But when it really starts to rain heavy, I go to raingear. Put a pad on the ground or sit on your pack in the snow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom