sitka gear

brushstomper

Does any body have any experience with the sitka gear by sitkagear.com? Looks like some pretty good stuff. Just curious if any of you have tried any of the products and how they held up and if they were comfortable.
Thanks, Brushstomper

I have their Mountain shirt, used it a ton this fall. In my opinion its a pretty awesome piece of gear and their philosphy on what hunting clothes can and should be will hopefully lead other companies to make more useful hunting clothes. I plan to have some additional products from them in the future. They are adding ASAT camo for 2007 and some new products so I'm going to hold on until the new stuff is out before I order more.

Thanks for the report! That was exactly what I was looking for. When I heard they had pit zips in their shirt I knew they were serious about (active)hunting clothes. I will also be waiting for their new line to come out. Thanks again, Brushstomper

I have the full '06 line from Sitka and it is hands down the best gear I have ever used. I wore it exclusively for archery elk in September, as well as late season archery mule deer in November and a turkey hunt in December. It is extremely durable and extremely comfortable. Go to their website for the specs on the materials and rest assured that they aren't hyping the gear through marketing...it is legit! When layered properly, it will keep you cool when it's hot (September) and warm when it's cold (December). It is made for a bowhunter, nice fitting, not baggy, and very, very usable. I can't imagine anyone being unsatisfied with the gear, or with the customer service.

Bowhunters have waited a long time for camo clothing of this caliber...

Corey

BUGLELK,
I am glad to see such great reports about this gear, I have been waiting for gear like this for a while. Can't wait to see the stuff for 2007.

Thanks, Brushstomper

I too have a mountain shirt. I like it a lot for a base layer or alone for mild temps. I'm waiting for their 07 pants to come in then I'll order a pair. Top quality stuff!

not to sound stupid, but what is ASAT camo? what products are they bringing out in '07? i'd like to get some of their stuff, but i'll wait to see the new stuff if it will be out soon. the website doesn't have any info. on any new products. where can i find this?

Guys,

Here is a link to their 2007 catalog. Products will be available for shipping in June.

https://www.sitkagear.com/assets/Department/Sitka2007_010107_lores.pdf

I was able to see the new gear first hand in Reno over the weekend and I can't wait until June! I hunted in the '06 line-up last fall and still can't believe what a huge difference there is between this gear and the other clothing I had been wearing for years. I have described the Sitka Gear to many of my friends, but you can't get a good feel for how effective it can be until you touch it and try it on. I had 3 friends place orders for gear in Reno after they tried it on.

The gear will be available in the Mothwing pattern, as well as ASAT and several non-camo colors. ASAT is a very effective, break-up camo pattern, www.asatcamo.com.

If you're on the fence trying to decide if Sitka Gear is worth the money, find some and try it on. I bet you won't want to take it off...

Corey

Is the 90% Pant too warm for most of the regular season or the Mountain Pant just for the early season? It looks like the 90% Jacket is the only jacket offered except for the new rain parka.

Ed

Thanks for the info Buglelk. I just got back from the ISE show in Salt Lake. Checked out the gear and put in my order. I can't wait to get out this fall.

Just ordered mine last night from Cabelas. CAn't wait to try it out. I was waiting for them to pick it up and they finally did.

Received mine last week from Sitka. It is good stuff. Can't wait to get out this fall and put it to the test.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom