Sitka or Kuiu

Cant comment between those two because I dont own any however I will give you another option. I know both those clothing lines are pretty dang expensive and I do have friends that have sitka and they love it but go check out kingsoutdoorworld online. All their Russell apxg2 gear is 50% off. I almost have the entire layering system and I cannot say enough good things about it.

I have KUIU...I love the vias lineup so I bought the verde lineup. The sizes are horrible in the new verde lineup. I wouldn't trade my vias for anything though!

Traditional >>>------->

I own and use both. I purchased the Kuiu mainly for the color vias. I feel Sitka is still ahead of Kuiu in terms of quality and availability at this point. And you can find Sitka at less than retail prices if you shop around. You can't go wrong with either one.

I can only comment on Sitka. I have never been able to stomach the Kuiu camo patterns. I actually own the old Mountain Mimicry camo patterns in the Sitka, which I like over their other patterns.
As far as quality, I don't know of you can beat Sitka. Sitka pioneered high quality hunting lines and now there are lots of "copies". I suspect some are perhaps as good, but it is hard to beat the original.
I ditto the comment that you can usually find them at a discount if you look around. I didn't pay retail on any of my Sitka gear.

My partner and I broke down this year and bought the Sitka before our elk hunt, great investment. It worked great from the cold mornings to the warm afternoons should have bought it long ago. I would suggest trying it on before you buy seems like each piece fits a little different.

Jonathan Hart and Jason Hairston started Sitka. After W.L.Gore bought out Sitka, Jason sold his share and started Kuiu.

Both great companies. Ive been a Sitka fan from the beginning. Like others have stated before I think the quality of Sitka is a step above Kuiu and the other "copy" companies that have tried to duplicate what Sitka is and does.

Mathews Z7
Easton FMJ 340
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

Well, I can't hardly take it anymore. There is no way sitka is better than kuiu! What are you guys smoking?

Like I said before, I have both and use both. I've had Sitka pants tear out and develop holes in a month of use. Warranty? What warranty? I don't call having to pay for a repair in a one month old pair of pants a warranty... do you?

I abuse the crap out of my 2 yr old attack pants and have not had one issue. They are warmer when its cold and are cooler when its hot. They dry twice as fast as sitka's stuff. The Chugach raingear breaths way better than any goretex jacket on the face of this earth.

Now to be fair, I love my sitka kelvin jacket and vest and wouldn't give em up for nothing! I also like the optifade pattern, the stuff flat disappears in the sage.

I don't like kuiu merino shirts, the stuff is under sized and the sleeves are to short. But the sitka itches a little tiny bit. Core4 merino is the cats meow and is soft as a baby's butt! Damn near like wearing fleece.

To top it off Kuiu and Core4 is half the price of Sitka.

Good Gawd Almighty's .02 lol

Agreed. I have both. Both are good but Kuiu uses better fabrics. Also, since Gore purchased Sitka they started using a silver thread which is supposed to reduce oder. It might but it also has made the fabrics lighter and slightly more reflective. Also, I like to support the little guy over the giant when all things are equal.

Don't overlook Kryptek, the price is right and its good stuff. I spent quite a few rainy days this year in their koldo rain gear and it worked great. I think it's a cabelas exclusive.

2a0fcsk.gif

Sitka stuff was the best. I used alot of it. Kuiu is way better in my opinion. I sold my Sitka raingear Kuiu is lighter and keeps you dry. Kuiu attack pants are the best hunting pant ever made! Sitka layers are good. Kuiu is less expensive also. Kuiu wins hands down for me. Camo patterns are overrated to me. If you are still they all work. If your moving game will see you. I like the vais pattern.

I have only had experience with Sitka and it was good, but the last couple of years I have used Core4element and it has worked amazing! Not to mention the pricing! They actually just lowered their pricing the first of this year (2013). I would definitely give it a look!

www.core4element.com

"No Guts, No Story!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom