SLC Area Highlights?

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
Question for Salt Lake City area members. My son is in a youth treatment center in the SLC area, and will be for the next few months. My wife will be temporarily relocating to the area to be near him during this time. I will be driving her down there (from Montana)this weekend. I will have a few opportunities to visit my son while there, but also a lot of free time between visits. Any suggestions on unique, interesting, or particularly scenic areas to visit?

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Well,
A lot like the great state of Montana, there are a LOT of great things to do and see while here. From the north to the south, there is a wide diversity of activities. You can catch an albino trout in the High Uintas to hiking Angels Landing in Zion National Park. Get some literature, and select those things that you would most enjoy and start checking them off your list..

Zions, Bryce Canyon, Calf Creek, Snow Canyon, Hole in the Rock, Mirror Lake, the Alpine Loop, Topaz Mountain, Antelope Island......

Best of luck to your son. Enjoy your time in the state. KattKrapp

The new City Creek Center.

Temple Square.

Utah Jazz game.

Kennecott Copper Mine Visitors Center.

Wendover Nv, 90 minutes west of Salt Lake.

Park City, lots of shopping and rec activities year round.

Nothing helps me pass the time like a trip to the river-

If you feel the need, I'd be glad to meet ya for a few hours of fishing. I have extra fly fishing stuff, and a spinning set-up.

Its about an hour to where I fish, but it beats sitting inside doing nothing.

PM if you're game, and we'll find a day.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Mike,

Toss me a PM with your phone number as I am always out for a hike in the mornings and doing chores in the afternoon type deal....(Friday,Saturday,Sunday)

I can always use a hiking partner and a young strong back for help in the afternoons! haha

Nah-seriously--toss me some intel and we can hook-up.....

That is a sweet offer taggy---I am no fly fisherman but my handle over on the fishing site is 'Dangler69'....bait-n-hook'em.

Maybe F-man is a fly fisherman outta Montana!

Robb

Seems like a reasonable offer to go have some casting practice- no guarantee on catching. But if I know me, there'll be some fish involved.

He may not even PM me, and I'll have to fish by myself again.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

If you like hockey, the Grizzlies will be starting the first round of the Kelly Cup playoffs next week. The Utah Olympic Oval is 5 minutes from the place mentioned on that other thread and you can skate the oval or run the track. They offer all ice sports . The Wasatch is 5 minutes away, staring you in the face 24/7. Strawberry is about an hour or a little more. Timpanogas Cave is within an hour. Plenty to do, what types of things do you require?
Lee Kay shooting range, or 30 minutes west and you are shooting rabbits and coyotes.......

Thanks all for your suggestions. Tageater and PleaseDear, check your PM.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom